Haglund in 2005
July 29, 1965 |
|Residence||New South Wales, Australia|
Dean Haglund (born July 29, 1965) is a Canadian actor, known for the role of Richard "Ringo" Langly, one of The Lone Gunmen on The X-Files. Haglund is also a stand-up comedian, specializing in improvisational comedy (formerly with Vancouver TheatreSports League.) In addition to The X-Files, he played the voice of Sid in Tom Sawyer, Haglund also portrayed Langly in the spin-off The Lone Gunmen, which aired thirteen episodes in 2001.
Early life and education
In a throwback to X-Files of yore, Dean appeared in episode 95 of Bones as restaurant owner Blaine Miller in Roswell NM where Booth and Bones are sent to investigate a possible extraterrestrial sighting.
Haglund currently hosts the Chillpak Hollywood Hour podcast, where he discusses all things Hollywood with independent filmmaker Phil Leirness. As well as periodically hosting episodes of the X-Files on the YOUTOO television channel.
In June 2015, Haglund emigrated to Sydney, Australia with his girlfriend and their two dogs, and now lives in Newtown. Haglund's relocation to Australia nearly resulted in the removal of a planned cameo by the Lone Gunmen in the episode "Babylon" of the revived tenth season of The X-Files; however, he was informed by Bruce Harwood that the producers were looking for him, and contacted them to film the appearance.
- "Chill Pak : Cool it down. Speed it up". Archived from the original on July 21, 2010.
- Dean Haglund Biography (1965-)
- ChillPak Hollywood Hour
- "Sci-Fest Team". Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- Barnes, Candice (23 June 2015). "X-Files star Dean Haglund brings the truth to Perth". WA Today. Retrieved 24 February 2016.
- "The Lone Gunmen almost didn't make it in new X-Files series". news.com.au. 28 January 2016. Retrieved 24 February 2016.
- Interview with Dean Haglund (2005), on Slice of SciFi