|Location||4720 Minnesota Avenue, Northeast
Washington, D.C. 20019
|Owned by||Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Connections||Metrobus: R12, U7, V14, W4|
|Bicycle facilities||8 racks, 4 lockers|
|Opened||November 20, 1978|
|Passengers (2016)||1,234 daily  20.7%|
Deanwood is an island platformed Washington Metro station in the Deanwood neighborhood of Northeast Washington, D.C., United States. The station was opened on November 20, 1978, and is operated by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA). Providing service for the Orange Line, the station is the final station in the District of Columbia going east, the station is located at Minnesota Avenue and 48th Street Northeast. It is architecturally similar to its sister station, Minnesota Avenue.
The station opened on November 20, 1978. Its opening coincided with the completion of 7.4 miles (11.9 km) of rail northeast of the Stadium–Armory station and the opening of the Cheverly, Landover, Minnesota Avenue and New Carrollton stations.
|Westbound||← Orange Line toward Vienna (Minnesota Avenue)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Eastbound||→ Orange Line toward New Carrollton (Cheverly) →|
|M||Mezzanine||One-way faregates, ticket machines, station agent|
|G||Street Level||Exit/ Entrance|
Notable places nearby
- "Metrorail Average Weekday Passenger Boardings" (PDF). WMATA. Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. Retrieved 23 April 2017.
- Feaver, Douglas B. (November 12, 1978), "Orange Line brings Metro to Beltway; Orange Line will bring Metro to P.G.", The Washington Post, p. C1
- Eisen, Jack; John Feinstein (November 18, 1978), "City-County fanfare opens Orange Line; Ceremonies open new Orange Line", The Washington Post, p. D1
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (July 2009). "Sequence of Metrorail openings" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on January 13, 2010. Retrieved August 2, 2010.
Media related to Deanwood (WMATA station) at Wikimedia Commons
- WMATA: Deanwood Station
- StationMasters Online: Deanwood Station
- The Schumin Web Transit Center: Deanwood Station
- Minnesota Avenue entrance from Google Maps Street View
- Polk Street entrance from Google Maps Street View
|This article relating to the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Washington, D.C. train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|