Death of Allen Ross
This article may need to be rewritten to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (March 2018)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Chicago filmmaker Allen Ross married Linda Greene and followed her cult,[when?] the Guthrie, Oklahoma-based Samaritan Foundation. The couple moved from place to place following her instructions. Following Allen's murder on November 22, 1995, the group disbanded. Prosecutors believe that Linda Greene committed the murder. She died in 2002 of natural causes and was never charged. A cult member, Julia Williams, was found guilty of being an accessory after the fact to murder, by helping to bury the body in the basement. She was sentenced to two years in prison.
Ross' disappearance is depicted in the 2001 documentary, Missing Allen, and in the Dateline NBC episode, "Searching for Allen". The 2013 Deadly Devotion episode on Investigation Discovery entitled "The Bad Samaritans" chronicles the story of Ross. The 2017 Ghost Adventures episode on Travel Channel entitled "Samaritan Cult House" features an investigation of the former prison building in Guthrie, Oklahoma, where the cult once resided from the 1990s to early 2000s.
- The Allen Ross Mystery: A Body in the Basement by Jack Helbig, Chicago Reader, August 24, 2000
- Where on earth is Allen Ross? by Jack Helbig, Chicago Reader, October 15, 1998
- Woman gets prison for covering up filmmaker's murder, The Casper Star Tribune, March 12, 2005
- Cult member gets jail for hiding man's body, The Chicago Sun-Times, March 12, 2005
- Burial Of Filmmaker, Father Ends 5 Years Of Uncertainty by James Janega, Chicago Tribune, November 11, 2000
- Movie relives puzzling death of filmmaker by James Janega, Chicago Tribune, March 3, 2002
- Searching for Allen: Life-and-death puzzle - Dateline NBC | NBC News
- Amazon.com: Deadly Devotion: Season 1, Episode 2 "The Bad Samaritans": Amazon Video
|This crime-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|