December 2011 Baneh clash
The Baneh clash was a military confrontation between Iranian security forces belonging to the Basij, the paramilitary branch of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and Kurdistan Free Life Party (PJAK) militants which occurred on December 28, 2011
According to Iranian media outlets Fars News and Press TV at least five people were killed during the clash, including one Basiji and four members of the PJAK, adding that several PJAK members had been injured. PJAK, however claims to have killed nine government forces during the clash while sustaining no casualties themselves.
The PJAK claims that through this attack Iranian forces had violated the terms of a cease-fire between the two sides, releasing the following statement on their website on January 4: “This military operation and attack by the Islamic Republic occurs even though, since September 5, both sides had declared a ceasefire, which we have not violated.”
- "5 killed in fresh clash between Iran's security forces, Kurdish PJAK militants: report - Xinhua | English.news.cn". News.xinhuanet.com. 2011-12-28. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- "PJAK says Iran has violated ceasefire". Payvand.com. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- PJAK kills a member of Iran Basij force
- "IRGC forces fight with Kurdish group | Radio Zamaneh: Independent Media, Debate and E-learning for Iran". Radio Zamaneh. 2011-12-28. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- "PJAK says Iran has violated ceasefire | Radio Zamaneh: Independent Media, Debate and E-learning for Iran". Radio Zamaneh. Retrieved 2012-07-26.