Delhi District Secondary School
|Delhi District Secondary School|
393 James Street
|School type||Public, high school|
|School board||Grand Erie District School Board|
|Principal||Griffin Cobb |
|Enrollment||546 (October 29, 2010)|
|Area||Norfolk County, Ontario|
|Colour(s)||Blue and Gold|
|Team name||Delhi Raiders|
The rural school had one of the lowest enrollment rates in Norfolk County, and had been considered for closure on several occasions, until September 2010 when they received over 200 students from Norwich Secondary School.
Delhi District Secondary School has a variety of athletics teams including football, cheerleading, basketball, volleyball, soccer (association football), tennis, badminton, cross country, track and field, scholastic wrestling, and swimming.
Port Dover Composite School was officially permanently closed on January 31, 2013. In response, DDSS has improved their academics programs in an attempt to keep transfer students from going to their rival Simcoe Composite School. Advanced placement courses were made available for senior academic subjects. Busing for the Norwich area was kept intact; as they represented the northernmost traditional boundary for DDSS busing.
- "Contacts". Delhi District Secondary School. Retrieved 2006-07-27.
- "School Information". Ontario Ministry of Education. Retrieved 2006-07-27.
- "GEDSB School Directory". Delhi District Secondary School. Archived from the original on 2007-07-14. Retrieved 2006-07-27.
- Hartlen, Vicki (2007-01-31). "New principal, vice-principal excited about DDSS future". Delhi News-Record. Bowes Publishers. Retrieved 2007-02-09.
- "Secondary Enrolments". Grand Erie District School Board. Archived from the original on February 2, 2011. Retrieved 2006-07-27.
- "PDCS will close at end of semester". The Simcoe Reformer. Retrieved 2012-10-16.
- "Accommodation Review Committee (ARC) - Norfolk Secondary". Grand Erie District School Board. Retrieved 2012-11-03.
|This Ontario school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|