26 August 1951 |
Mackay, Queensland, Australia
|Occupation||Television presenter, actress|
|Children||Allira and Liana|
Delvene Delaney (born 26 August 1951, Queensland) is an Australian actress and television presenter.
The beauty pageant winner found fame on Australian television in the 1970s, initially as a weather presenter on Brisbane television. She followed this with stints in soap operas The Box as Penny O'Brien in 1974, and The Young Doctors as nurse Jojo Adams from 1976 to 1977.
Delaney became better known as a recurring cast member of The Paul Hogan Show in the late 1970s. She also made regular appearances as a panel member on the game show Blankety Blanks from 1977 to 1979. She was co-presenter on the quiz show Sale of the Century from 1982 to 1986.
Delaney has been married to The Paul Hogan Show co-star John Cornell since the 1970s. They have two children, Allira and Liana Cornell. Liana is a model and actress, and Allira is a photographer. Delaney is the older sister of Cassandra Delaney, who was married to American country singer John Denver (1943-1997).
- The Love Boat
- Chopper Squad
- The Young Doctors (1976) TV Nurse JoJo Adams (1976–1977)
- End Play (1975) Janine Talbort
- The Box (1974) TV Penny O'Brien
- The Paul Hogan Show (1973) TV .... Various
- The Runner (1972)
- Delvene Delaney at the Internet Movie Database
- Wallace, P. "Byron throws sand in the face of development", 7.30 Report, 22 September 2003, http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2003/s951360.htm Accessed 3 February 2010
|This article about an Australian film and television actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on an Australian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|