|Meaning||Half of something|
|Related names||Demetria, Demetrios, Demetrius|
Demi is feminine given name with Greek and Latin roots. It is originally a nickname form of Demetria, the feminine form of the masculine name Demetrius, which is itself the Latin and English spelling of Greek name Demetrios.
People with the given name Demi include:
- Demi Lovato (b. 1992), American actress and singer-songwriter
- Demi (author) (b. 1942), American children's book author
- Demi Delia (b. 1967), adult actress
- Demi Moore (b. 1962), American actress
- Demi Orimoloye (b. 1997), Canadian baseball player
- Demy (singer) (b. 1991), Greek singer
Demi is uncommon as a surname.
The listing of this name abbreviation does not give any examples of its French origins. The examples list derivatives based on Greek names, however, ignore the use of French descendants to use Demi or Demmy to indicate a relative, much like the use of "junior" in English.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|