|Full name||Demitrius Irving Tolentino Omphroy|
|Date of birth||May 30, 1989|
|Place of birth||Alameda, California, United States|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Playing position||Defender, Midfielder|
|2007–2010||California Golden Bears|
|2008||San Francisco Seals||10||(0)|
|2009||Bay Area Ambassadors||12||(0)|
|2005||United States U17||3||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of December 2012.
† Appearances (Goals).
College and Amateur
Omphroy played with Sporting Clube de Portugal Academy Juniores at age 17. He returned to the U.S. and played four years of college soccer for the University of California, Berkeley. During his college career, he also played for the San Francisco Seals in the USL Premier Development League, and for National Premier Soccer League club Bay Area Ambassadors.
Omphroy was selected by Toronto FC in the second round (26th overall) of the 2011 MLS SuperDraft. He was officially signed by Toronto FC on March 16, 2011. Omphroy made his debut for Toronto June 29 as a second half sub for Joao Plata in a 1–0 home victory over Vancouver Whitecaps FC. Originally a right back, Omphroy was moved to the forward position after a few games with Toronto FC.
Omphroy was waived by Toronto on November 23, 2011.
In September 2012, he signed up for Filipino side Global FC for the 2012–2013 season. His first appearance in the club was on October 20, 2012, coming off the bench against Philippine Navy where the won, 4–0 in the group stage of 2012 UFL Cup. He then scored against Kaya in the 33rd minute to help the club secure a win in 2–1 scoreline and advance to the semi-finals.
Omphroy represented the United States at under-18 level. In June 2010 Omphroy was selected by Julio Dely Valdés to play for the Panama under-21 national team in qualifiers for the Central American Games.
In August 2012 he was called up to the Philippines, and was featured in a friendly match with USL PDL club Chicago Inferno which ended in a 1–3 loss. He made his first official appearance coming off the bench in a 1–0 win to Guam at the 2012 Philippine Peace Cup.
He has multiple sclerosis, which was first discovered having as a result of a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan in February 2010. He had initially experienced vision problems and numbness in his foot while with Sporting Clube de Portugal Academy Juniores. The symptoms, which later included neck pain, precluded him from signing his first professional contract with Sporting and forced him to return to the United States for medical attention. Toronto FC had no knowledge of his condition when they drafted him. Part of Omphroy's ongoing treatment is daily self-injections of Copaxone.
- Toronto FC
- Global FC
|Club||Season||League||League||Cup||League Cup||Continental||Other[Note 1]||Total|
|Toronto FC total||1||0||0||0||–||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Global FC total||0||0||0||0||3||1||0||0||0||0||3||1|
Last updated on August 21, 2011
- Includes other competitive competitions.
- "Demitrius Omphroy profile". National Premier Soccer League. Retrieved 2011-03-07.
- "2011 MLS SuperDraft Tracker". MLSsoccer.com. Major League Soccer. Retrieved 2011-01-14.
- "Omphroy Officially Signs". TorontoFC.ca. Toronto FC. 16 March 2011. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "Soolsma lifts Toronto FC over Whitecaps". CBC Sports. 29 June 2011. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
- Bottjer, Steve (12 October 2011). "Move forward exciting for Omphroy". rednationonline.ca (Red Nation (Canada's Online Soccer Magazine)). Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- Prince-Wright, Joe (23 November 2011). "Players waived as teams begin to shape rosters for 2012". MLSsoccer.com (Major League Soccer Network). Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- Salonga, Jady (19 September 2012). "Players waived as teams begin to shape rosters for 2012". SoccerCentralPH.com (Soccer Central Philippines). Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "Phil. Navy FC 0 - 4 Global FC". UFLphilippines.com.ph. UFL Philippines. 20 October 2012. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "Kaya FC 1 - 2 Global FC". UFLphilippines.com.ph. UFL Philippines. 6 November 2012. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- "Demitrius Omphroy Invited to Panama U-21 National Team Camp". CalBears.com (University of California, Berkeley). 2010-05-25.
- "Chicago Too Much Of An Inferno For Philippines". AseanFootball.org. ASEAN Football Federation. 2012-08-12. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- "Match summary - Philippines v Guam". azkalsfootballteam.com. The Philippine Men's National Football Team Official Website. 2012-09-25. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- Dominguez F., Jose Miguel (2010-06-02). "Entrenamiento. Demitrius Omphroy quiere entrar en la sub-21". PA-Digital.com (in Spanish) (Panama America). Retrieved 2011-01-14.
- Bell, Jack. "Rookie Endures Multiple Sclerosis," The New York Times, Tuesday, March 29, 2011.
- Tordecilla, Jaemark. "New Azkals player Demitrius Omphroy starred in Justin Bieber’s ‘Boyfriend’ video". InterAksyon.com. 2012-09-25. Retrieved 2012-12-13.