This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Denise Lynn Okuda is a computer, scenic and video supervisor, and a writer known for her work on several Star Trek film and television productions, as well as other science fiction television. She also co-authored the Star Trek Encyclopedia and the Star Trek Chronology.
In a 2016 interview with Geek Speak Magazine, Okuda explained her connection to Star Trek. "I loved the original series as a child. I had friends who were connected with the show, but I never had a chance to work on it until Herman Zimmerman asked me to work on Star Trek VI as a production assistant. From there, he invited me to be a graphic artist on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine."
Okuda currently serves as a consultant to CBS on the project to upgrade Star Trek: The Next Generation to high definition. She previously served as a producer for visual effects for CBS Paramount's remastered version of the original Star Trek series. Okuda's credits also include Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, and four Star Trek movies. Working with her husband, Michael, Denise wrote trivia text commentaries for the ten Star Trek Special Edition DVD movies, as well as special text commentaries for the Star Trek Fan Collection sets. Her other production credits include the pilot episode of Threshold and the TV series version of The Flash.
Okuda was a cataloguer for the auction of Star Trek memorabilia by Christie's auction house in 2006. She was interviewed on her work for the project in the History Channel documentary Star Trek: Beyond the Final Frontier.
- "Encyclopedic Knowledge — An Interview with Star Trek Encyclopedia Authors Michael and Denise Okuda – Geek Speak Magazine". geekspeakmagazine.com. Archived from the original on October 13, 2016. Retrieved October 12, 2016.
- Startrek.com (September 2011). "The Next Generation Blu-rays Launch in 2012". startrek.com. Retrieved 201-09-28. Check date values in:
- Okuda, Michael; Okuda, Denise (2016). The Star Trek Encyclopedia, Revised and Expanded Edition: A Reference Guide to the Future. Harper Design. ISBN 978-0062371324.
- Okuda, Denise; Okuda, Michael (2013). Star Trek The Next Generation: On Board the U.S.S. Enterprise. Barron's Educational Series. ISBN 0-764-16606-9.
- Okuda, Denise; Okuda, Michael; & Mirek, Debbie (1999). The Star Trek Encyclopedia. Pocket Books. ISBN 0-671-53609-5.
- Okuda, Denise; & Okuda, Michael (1996). Star Trek Chronology: The History of the Future. Pocket Books. ISBN 0-671-53610-9.