Department of Finance and Deregulation
|Formed||3 December 2007|
|Dissolved||18 September 2013|
|Jurisdiction||Commonwealth of Australia|
|Employees||1,946 (at April 2013)|
|Annual budget||A$522m (2012)|
The Australian Department of Finance and Deregulation was a Federal Government department that existed between December 2007 and September 2013. Its role was to help the Australian Government achieve its policy objectives by contributing to four key outcomes:
- sustainable Government finances;
- more efficient Government operations;
- efficiently functioning Parliament; and
- effective and efficient use of information and communication technology by the Australian Government.
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Department of Finance and Deregulation was stated as:
We provide high quality, strategic policy and financial advice to support government decision-making and improved Australian Government financial management.We deliver professional support services to our Ministers, Parliamentarians and their staff, and the Government as a whole.
The matters dealt with by the Department included:
- Budget policy advice and process
- Government financial accountability
- Shareholder advice on Government Business Enterprises
- Superannuation of former and current members of parliament and Australian Government employees
- Government asset sales
- Management of non-Defence Government-owned property
- Electoral matters (through the Australian Electoral Commission)
- Administration of Parliamentarians' entitlements
- Administration of the Australian Government's self-managed general insurance fund
- Government online delivery and information technology and communications management (through the Australian Government Information Management Office)
- Advice on the Australian Government Future Fund
- Management of government records (through the National Archives of Australia)
- Central advertising system
- CA 9194: The Department of Finance and Deregulation, National Archives of Australia, retrieved 19 December 2013
- Australian Public Service Commission (2 December 2013), State of the Service Report: State of the Service Series 2012-13 (PDF), Australian Public Service Commission, p. 253, archived from the original (PDF) on 6 December 2013
- "Statement of Comprehensive Income" (PDF). Annual Report. Department of Finance and Deregulation. 2012. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- "Role and Statement of Purpose". Department of Finance and Deregulation.
|This Australian government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|