Desmodium oojeinense or Sandan (known as Ougeinia oojeinensis) is a plant, found in Visakhapatnam District of India and more or less scarce in other forests usually grows 6–12 meters tall. Its leaves are quite large and trifoliate, with rigidly leathery leaflets. It can be identified by the dark brown, deeply cracked bark and the crooked trunk. Flowers of this plant are in the colours of pink during the months of February to May. The fruit is a linear, flat pod, light brown in colour.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Desmodium oojeinense.|
- Ohashi, H. (1973). "The Asiatic species of Desmodium and its allied genera (Leguminosae)". Ginkgoana. 1: 1–318.
- Bisby, Frank (1994). Phytochemical Dictionary of the Leguminosae (1st ed.). London: Chapman & Hall. p. 774. ISBN 9780412397707.
- "The Plant List: A Working List of All Plant Species". Retrieved 1 August 2015.
- "Sandan", Flowers of India, retrieved 1 August 2015
- "Ougeinia oojeinensis, (Roxb.) Hochreut", Silviculture of Species, Andhra Pradesh Forest Department, retrieved 1 August 2015