Diego José Gómez Heredia
|Full name||Diego José Gómez Heredia|
|Date of birth||12 February 1990|
|Place of birth||Salamanca, Spain|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Born in Salamanca, Castile and León, Diego joined FC Barcelona's La Masia in 2002, aged 11, after a stint at rivals Real Madrid. He was released in 2009, and made his senior debuts with CF Olesa de Montserrat in Tercera División.
On 10 December 2009 Diego joined Palamós CF, also in the fourth level. In July 2010 he moved to UDA Gramenet, but spent the vast majority of his spell exclusively the reserves, only appearing on the bench with the main squad on 2 January 2011, in a 1–1 away draw against CD Dénia.
In the 2011 summer Diego signed for fourth division's Terrassa FC, being a regular starter for the side. In August 2013 he moved abroad for the first time in his career, joining Hong Kong Premier League side Southern District RSA.
Diego retired in December 2012, aged only 22, mainly due to injuries.
- "FC Barcelona Juvenil B" (in Spanish). Barcelona's official website. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- "Arriba l'exporter del Barça juvenil Diego Gómez (Olesa)" [Arrives the former Barça juvenil goalkeeper Diego Gómez (Olesa)] (in Catalan). El Punt Avui. 10 December 2009. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- "Conozcamos a los rivales (I)" [Knowing our rivals (I)] (in Spanish). Castelldefels' official website. 23 August 2011. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- "El porter egarenc ho té molt clar" [Terrassa's goalkeeper has it clear] (PDF) (in Catalan). El Mundo Deportivo. 18 October 2011. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- "Spanish footballers find work in Hong Kong". CNN. 13 September 2012. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- "BC Ranger 3:1 Southern". Hong Kong Football Association. 1 September 2012. Retrieved 4 January 2015.