|Industry||Internet security, Public key infrastructure|
|Headquarters||Lehi, Utah, United States|
|CEO: Nicholas Hales, CFO/COO: Ryan Woodley|
DigiCert Inc is a privately held, US based X.509 SSL certificate provider. As a trusted third party, DigiCert verifies the authenticity of secure websites on behalf of a web browser for the purpose of preventing online phishing scams.
As a founding member of the CA/Browser Forum, the industry standards group founded by Melih Abdulhayoğlu of the Comodo Group, DigiCert assisted in the development of the Extended Validation Certificate, which provides enhanced identity verification of certificate holders. DigiCert also worked in conjunction with Microsoft to develop and promote the use of subject alternate names in SSL certificates, for use with Microsoft Exchange Server.
DigiCert is the largest public CA that does not issue "domain validated", "low assurance", or "instant" SSL certificates either directly or through a subsidiary brand. It primarily sells Organization Validation (OV) and Enhanced Validation (EV) SSL certificates..
DigiCert was founded by Ken Bretschneider in 2003. He was named as a finalist in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2012 as a result. He served as CEO and Chairman of the Board until he left in 2012 to head up People Water. Nicholas Hales now serves as CEO of Digicert  which is currently majority owned by private equity firm TA Associates 
- How Can We Improve Code Signing?. Eweek.com (2008-05-09). Retrieved on 2013-07-26.
- http://www.cabforum.org/forum.html, CAB Forum Members, 2/9/2010
- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929395, Microsoft SAN Certificate Partners, 2/9/2010
- http://www.digicert.com/dv-ssl-certificate.htm, Domain Validated SSL vs High Assurance, 1/7/2014
- Entrust Bulletin on Certificates Issued with Weak 512-bit RSA Keys by Digicert Malaysia
- Revoking Trust in DigiCert Sdn. Bhd Intermediate Certificate Authority, Mozilla. "DigiCert Sdn. Bhd is a Malaysian subordinate CA under Entrust and Verizon (GTE CyberTrust). It bears no affiliation whatsoever with the US-based corporation DigiCert, Inc., which is a member of Mozilla’s root program."
- Microsoft Security Advisory (2641690) "DigiCert Sdn. Bhd is not affiliated with the corporation DigiCert, Inc., which is a member of the Microsoft Root Certificate Program."
- Chandler, Jeff. "Entrepreneur of the Year 2012". DigiCert.com. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Ken Bretschneider’s Nomination for Entrepreneur of the Year". PeopleWater.com. July 14, 2012. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "People Water Names Ken Bretschneider CEO". PRNewswire.com. April 24, 2012. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "Utah's DigiCert reorganizes its management". Salt Lake Tribune. April 17, 2012. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- "TA Associates Announces Majority Investment in DigiCert". December 12, 2012.