|PDB structures||RCSB PDB PDBe PDBsum|
|Gene Ontology||AmiGO / QuickGO|
- 2,3-dihydroxy-3-methylbutanoate 3-methyl-2-oxobutanoate + H2O
This enzyme belongs to the family of lyases, specifically the hydro-lyases, which cleave carbon-oxygen bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 2,3-dihydroxy-3-methylbutanoate hydro-lyase (3-methyl-2-oxobutanoate-forming). Other names in common use include
- acetohydroxyacid dehydratase,
- alpha,beta-dihydroxyacid dehydratase,
- 2,3-dihydroxyisovalerate dehydratase,
- alpha,beta-dihydroxyisovalerate dehydratase,
- dihydroxy acid dehydrase,
- and 2,3-dihydroxy-acid hydro-lyase.
- Kanamori M, Wixom RL (Mar 1963). "Studies in valine biosynthesis. V. Characteristics of the purified dihydroxyacid dehydratase from spinach leaves". The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 238: 998–1005. PMID 13962154.
- Myers JW (May 1961). "Dihydroxy acid dehydrase: an enzyme involved in the biosynthesis of isoleucine and valine". The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 236: 1414–8. PMID 13727223.