|Minister Rehabilitation and Relief Work, Sports, Youth Welfare & Protocol Government of Maharashtra|
1 March 2009 – 8 December 2009
|Constituency||Latur, Beed & Osmanabad|
|Minister of State for Finance & Planning|
|Preceded by||Rajendra Darda|
|Succeeded by||Sunil Deshmukh|
|Constituency||Latur, Beed & Osmanabad|
18 April 1950 |
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
|Children||1 daughter (Name: Gauravi)|
|Residence||Aashiyana Sarawati Colony, Latur 413531|
|Website||www.dilipraodeshmukh.com or www.dilipraojideshmukh.com|
Diliprao Dagdojirao Deshmukh (Marathi: दिलीपराव देशमुख ) (born 18 April 1950)
Graduated with a Masters degree in Arts (M.A in Public Administration) from Fergusson College, (Pune University) and went on to join Social work and Rural development. He started his career in village Babalgaon as a Sarpanch in 1976 He is an Ex Minister of state Finance and Planning Maharashtra, from 2003 to 2004. On 1 March 2009 he was sworn in as Cabinet Minister, in Ashok Chavan’s Government. He is a member of the Indian National Congress and member of Working Committee of Maharashtra State Congress. He originally belongs to Latur district in the Marathwada region of the state of Maharashtra. He is currently Member of Legislative Council. (Local self Government Constituency. ‘Districts: Osmanabad –Beed- Latur’)
He also served as Minister for Sports, Youth Welfar and Protocol. Diliprao is younger brother of Union Minister of Heavy Industries Mr. Vilasrao Deshmukh.
- He started his political career in 1974 by contesting gram panchyat elections from Babhalgaon Village.
- He was the Sarpanch of Babhalgaon from 1976 to 1984.
- He was also a member of Latur District Youth Congress from 1979 to 1992.
- Simultaneously in 1983 he became Vice Chairman of Agricultural Produce Marketing Committee Latur (APMC).
- He became chairman of Latur district central cooperative bank. Where he made several reforms and increased position of this Bank from Liquidation to topper in first few co-op Banks in Maharashtra. Due to his inspiration Bank started Shubh Mangal Yojana first time in Maharashtra. This scheme is for loans to farmers for marriage of their Daughters. Also this Bank worked as a lead bank to Sugar factories. He also started Educational Loans for Farmers children.
- He was the President of Latur Zilla Parishad 1992 to 1997. He implemented family planning policy throughout the district. General Administration, Cooperation, Public Works, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Rural Development, Education, Technical Education, Sports and Youth Welfare. Under his Leadership Latur ZP won three prestigious State Awards.
- He was the Vice Chairman of Manjara Shetkari Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd.(Sugar Mill) From 1986 to 1997. He became the Chairman of Manjara Shetkari Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd after 2005. He is also the president of Manjara charitable trust Latur since 1989.
- He is also director of Maharashtra State Cooperative Bank (Apex) Mumbai since 1993.
- He became an unopposed member of Maharashtra Legislative Council from 2000-2006. In June 2006 he was reelected as MLC and won securing by 97% votes.
- Diliprao Deshmukh was a State Minister of Finance and Planning in Shri Sushilkumar Shinde’s Government in Jan 2003 to October 2004. He was also Guardian Minister for Latur District. He had a great contribution in introducing a budget that was social justice oriented.
- On 1 March 2009 he was sworn in as Cabinet Minister, in Chavan’s Government.
- Elected as Vice President of Maharshtra State Sakhar Sangh.
- Manjra Shetkari Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana Ltd: Due to this sugar industry, farmers from Manjra region could get highest price for their sugar cane.
- Awards: Vasantdada Sugar Institute Pune awarded Manjara for its best technical efficiency, best recovery, and cane development for many years. It has achieved total 39 National and State Awards. Manjara also motivated and economically assisted farmers for micro irrigation such as sprinkler and drip irrigation
- He is a Founder of Rena Cooperative sugar Factory: This sugar industry was erected in recordable time. As per Manjara sugar, Rena has also been awarded by Vasantdada sugar institute Pune, several awards in Best technical efficiency, Best recovery and cane development. Rena also motivated and economically assisted farms for micro irrigation such as sprinkler and drip irrigation
- Sant Shiromani Maruti Maharaj Sahakari Sakhar Karkhana: A co-operative Sugar factory in Ausa Taluka under guidance of Diliprao Deshmukh
- Indira cooperative Soot Mill: Running since 1994 that provides hundreds of women workers with job.
- Jagruti Sugars and Allied Industries: A private Sugar factory started in Devni Taluka district Latur in March 2010.
- He is the President of Manjra charitable trust since 1989.which runs a number of colleges in Latur, Mumbai and Navi Mumbai, some of them are Abhinav Bachelors College of Education, Sushiladevi Women’s Diploma course in Education, Manajara Ayurvedic Medical College & Hospital Latur, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology at Versova, Andheri in Mumbai and Sushiladevi Deshmukh Vidyalaya at Airoli, Navi Mumbai.
- He is an Honorary, Member of Rajarshi Shahu College Latur
- President of Dayanand education society Babhalgaon
He has organized many important events including:
- Mammoth Rally for Mrs. Sonia Gandhi President AICC at Latur in June 2001.
- In March 2007 a Grand Congress Party Rally Organized at Chakur, District Latur in presence of Mrs. Sonia Gandhi President AICC, Honorable Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil and Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh.
- Latur district Silver Jubilee function on 18 January 2008 in presence of Her Highness President of India Mrs. Pratibha Tai Patil at Latur.
- A record breaking Mammoth rally in February 2008 was organized in presence of Mrs. Sonia Gandhi President AICC, Honorable Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil and Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh at Osmanabad.
- In April 2009 was organised for Latur Lok Sabha Election in presence of Prime Minister Dr.Manmonah Singh, Shri Shivraj Patil, Shri Vilasroa Deshmukh Shri Jaywant Awale and Shri Mohan Prakash (Party Observer)
He campaigned hard for Congress-NCP alliance candidates in Latur -Beed Osmanabad Dist. with successful results.
- Latur Dist.
Lok shabha - For Shri Jaywantrao Awale Executive President of MPCC.
- Latur Dist.
Vidhan Sabha - For Shri Amit Deshmukh, Shri Vaijnath Shinde, Shri Shivajirao Patil Nilangekar and Shri Basawraj Patil.
- alcc.org entry
- The Trust which he founded
- Took oath as a Cabinet Minister
- Elected as a M.L.C.
- Opinion about Latur Revenue Division
- Vice President of MSCB