The company started in Oss, Netherlands in 1923 with the extraction of insulin from bovine pancreas, and porcine insulin extraction in 1930, both of which are still part of their main products. In January 2005, the company became a part of Organon, one of its sister companies in the Akzo Nobel pharma group. Along with its sister companies Organon and Intervet were sold to Schering-Plough in March 2007 by Akzo Nobel. Following the mergers of Schering-Plough with Merck & Co. (MSD) on March 9, 2009, the company was part of the MSD Nutritionals products company, belonging to the MSD group. In April 2011, the company was sold to Fujifilm and Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies was formed. On December 18, 2014, Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies acquired Kalon Biotherapeutic Technologies in College Station, TX, which became Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies Texas, LLC.
In March 2020, Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies named Martin Meeson the company's new CEO. He will be taking over from Steve Bagshaw who is set to retire and become a non-executive chairman.
- "Products and Technologies" (PDF). Diosynth. 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 October 2006. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "Diosynth BV". Top 500.de. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "Diosynth Company History". Diosynth. Archived from the original on 11 May 2010. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "Diosynth and Biochemistry". Diosynth. Archived from the original on 18 December 2003. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "Diosynth-Usine Saint Charles, France-Insulin Extraction Plant". Vanelk. Retrieved 22 June 2010.
- "81 Years of Organon at a Glance". Organon. Archived from the original on 9 March 2005. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "Schering-Plough Acquires Organon BioSciences". Medical Net News. 20 November 2007. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- Singer (10 March 2010). "Merck to Buy Schering-Plough for $41 Billion". New York Times. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- Communication from one employee, no reference found on the web site, but a presentation of Diosynth france company(modified april.2012)
- "Company History". Fujifilm. Retrieved 2013-12-04.
- "Fujifilm Completes Acquisition of Kalon Biotherapeutics". Fujifilm. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- "New CEO takes over as Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies expands". FiercePharma. Retrieved 2020-03-11.
|This article about a medical, pharmaceutical or biotechnological corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|