46th Directors Guild of America Awards
|46th Directors Guild of America Awards|
|Date||March 5, 1994|
The Beverly Hilton, Los Angeles, California |
Russian Tea Room, New York City
|Presented by||Directors Guild of America|
Carl Reiner (Los Angeles) |
Charlie Rose (New York)
|Best Director Feature Film:||Schindler's List – Steven Spielberg|
|Best Director Documentary:||Fallen Champ: The Untold Story of Mike Tyson – Barbara Kopple|
The 46th Directors Guild of America Awards, honoring the outstanding directorial achievements in films, documentary and television in 1993, were presented on March 5, 1994 at the Beverly Hilton and the Russian Tea Room. The ceremony in Beverly Hills was hosted by Carl Reiner and the ceremony in New York was hosted by Charlie Rose. The feature film nominees were announced on January 24, 1994 and the other nominations were announced on January 31, 1994 and February 2, 1994.
Winners and nominees
|Miniseries or TV Film|
Jeff Margolis – 65th Academy Awards
Lifetime Achievement in Feature Film
Lifetime Achievement in Sports Direction
- Doug Wilson
- Peter A. Runfolo
Robert B. Aldrich Service Award
- Burt Bluestein
Franklin J. Schaffner Achievement Award
- Fox, David (March 6, 1994). "Spielberg Wins Directors' Award for 'Schindler's List'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- Kuklenski, Valerie (March 6, 1994). "Spielberg receives Directors Guild Award". UPI. Retrieved April 7, 2018.
- Fox, David (March 7, 1994). "Spielberg's 'List' a Call to 'Duty'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- "46th Annual DGA Awards: Awards Ceremony Pictures". Director Guild of America. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- Cox, Dan (January 27, 1994). "Rose to host N.Y. DGA awards". Variety. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- Fox, David (January 25, 1994). "Spielberg Makes the DGA List". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- Cox, Dan (January 31, 1994). "'NYPD' scores DGA hat trick". Variety. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- Cox, Dan (February 2, 1994). "DGA blurb noms unveiled". Variety. Retrieved March 17, 2018.