Divine Mercy Shrine (Misamis Oriental)
Divine Mercy Shrine in El Salvador, Misamis Oriental, Philippines
|Location||Misamis Oriental, Philippines|
The Divine Mercy Shrine is a Catholic monument in El Salvador, Misamis Oriental, Philippines. It features a 15.24 meter statue of Jesus as the Divine Mercy as the focal point of Divine Mercy Hills, a tract of land overlooking Macajalar Bay on the southern island of Mindanao.
The nine-hectare land for the Shrine was purchased for a nominal amount and the complex was paid for by donations. The shrine was completed in 2008 and serves as a pilgrimage site for Divine Mercy devotees.
- List of statues by height
- Divine Mercy Sanctuary (Kraków)
- Cristo Redentor, an iconic statue in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Lux Mundi, a large statue of Christ in the United States of America
- Saint Faustyna Kowalska
- National Shrine of The Divine Mercy, Philippines
- BusinessWeek Mindanao 26 August 2011: "DIVINE MERCY SHRINE in Misamis Oriental celebrates Birthday of the Blessed Virgin Mary" 
- CBCP News (Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines) March 28, 2008: "Divine Mercy Sunday in Mindanao" 
- SunStar, Cagayan de Oro August 4, 2011: "For the Glory of God" by Guerrero A. Adaza [permanent dead link]