Diving at the 1960 Summer Olympics – Women's 3 metre springboard
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Women's 3 metre springboard
at the Games of the XVII Olympiad
Medallists Myers-Pope, Krämer, and Ferris
|Diving at the
1960 Summer Olympics
|3 m springboard||men||women|
|10 m platform||men||women|
The competition was split into three phases:
- Preliminary round (26 August)
- Divers performed four voluntary dives without limit of degrees of difficulty. The sixteen divers with the highest scores advanced to the semi-finals.
- Semi-final (27 August)
- Divers performed three voluntary dives without limit of degrees of difficulty. The eight divers with the highest combined scores from the preliminary round and semi-final advanced to the final.
- Final (27 August)
- Divers performed three voluntary dives without limit of degrees of difficulty. The final ranking was determined by the combined score from all three rounds.
|Ingrid Krämer (EUA)||56.23||1||42.37||1||98.60||1||57.21||1||155.81|
|Paula Jean Myers-Pope (USA)||52.67||2||37.35||6||90.02||4||51.22||2||141.24|
|Elizabeth Ferris (GBR)||52.37||3||37.09||7||89.46||5||46.63||4||139.09|
|4||Mary Willard (USA)||50.64||8||38.14||4||88.78||7||49.04||3||137.82|
|5||Ninel Krutova (URS)||52.35||4||39.84||3||92.19||2||43.92||5||136.11|
|6||Irene MacDonald (CAN)||50.42||9||40.81||2||91.23||3||43.46||6||134.69|
|7||Phyllis Long (GBR)||50.87||7||36.31||10||87.18||8||42.45||7||129.63|
|8||Dorothea du Pon (NED)||51.20||6||37.61||5||88.81||6||34.54||8||123.35|
|9||Nicolle Pellissard (FRA)||48.96||10||36.76||9||85.72||9||Did not advance|
|10||Waltraud Oertel (EUA)||48.64||11||35.85||13||84.49||10||Did not advance|
|11||Yelena Kosolapova (URS)||47.88||12||36.13||12||84.01||11||Did not advance|
|12||Susan Knight (AUS)||46.19||14||37.06||8||83.25||12||Did not advance|
|13||Alexandra Morgenrood (RHO)||47.12||13||34.95||14||82.07||13||Did not advance|
|14||Kumiko Watanabe (JPN)||44.32||16||36.25||11||80.57||14||Did not advance|
|15||Greta Lugthart (NED)||46.03||15||34.36||15||80.39||15||Did not advance|
|16||Kanoko Mabuchi (JPN)||51.95||5||28.42||16||80.37||16||Did not advance|
|17||Maria Teresa Adames (MEX)||42.00||17||Did not advance|
|18||Cristina Hardekopf (ARG)||41.87||18||Did not advance|
- There were 18 initial entries but two divers did not appear at the competition, therefore the remaining 16 divers, despite performing all the dives, were all automatically qualified for the next round.
- Sports-Reference.com. Other sources indicate that Adames and Hardekopf did not start.
- The Organizing Committee of the Games of the XVII Olympiad (1960). "The Official Report of the Organizing Committee for the Games of the XVII Olympiad, Rome 1960, Volume II" (PDF). The Organizing Committee of the Games of the XVII Olympiad. pp. pp. 610–1. Archived from the original (pdf) on August 13, 2011. Retrieved 2007-01-02.
- Herman de Wael (2002-10-09). "Diving - women's springboard (Rome 1960)". Retrieved 2007-01-03.