|Initial release||May 2007|
3.4.1 / 5 October 2016
|Type||Content management system|
django CMS 1.0 was created by Thomas Steinacher.
django CMS 2.0 was a complete rewrite of the system by Patrick Lauber, itself based on a fork of django-page-cms.
django CMS 3.0 was released in 2013.
django CMS is backed by Divio AG, a Swiss software company.
It is maintained by a team of full-time developers and open-source community members; a complete list of contributors is available.
As of 10 June 2016[update], django CMS 3.0 is compatible with Django versions 1.8 and 1.7.
As of 15 September 2016[update], django CMS 3.4 introduced a Long Term Support (LTS) release cycle.
django CMS handles multilingual content by default. Its administration interface supports several languages.
- edit all plugins within the page.
- Reusable plugins
- use django CMS plugins in your own apps.
- Flexible Plugin Architecture
- build flexible pages with a wide range of plugins.
- Search Engine Optimization
- the structure of the pages is optimized for indexing.
- Editorial workflow
- workflows for publishing and approval.
- Permission Management
- set specific rights to different users.
- each modification of the page will be saved. You can restore any state you wish.
- administer multiple websites over the same admin interface.
- support for different languages (i.e. Arabic, Chinese or Russian)
- Applications (Apps)
- add apps to different pages of the CMS.
- Media Asset Manager (MAM)
- allows you to manage all kind of assets (pictures, PDFs, videos and other documents).
- Canonical, for the Ubuntu developer portal and Ubucon websites
- NASA on their site Flight Opportunities
- Mercedes-Benz on their site Mercedes Benz Formula 1
- Stadler Rail on their site 
- SGA (formerly Affichage) on their site 
- PBS Arts on their site 
- Libération on their site 
- Salt (formerly Orange Switzerland) on their site 
- L'Oréal on their site Men Expert l site
- "django CMS CHANGELOG". github.com. 15 September 2016. Retrieved 29 December 2016.
- "Developers". django-cms.org. Retrieved 2015-12-21.
- "Django Packages: CMS Comparison". djangopackages.com. Retrieved 2015-12-21.
- "Languages used by Django CMS". github.com. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
- "Developers". django-cms.org. Retrieved 2009-12-09. — a list of developers, and tools used.