Mumbai Tigers F.C.
|Full name||Mumbai Tigers Football Club|
|Founded||2012as Dodsal F.C.|
|League||I-League 2nd Division|
Mumbai Tigers Football Club is an Indian football club located in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The club were formed in May 2012 as Dodsal Football Club with the aim of becoming the biggest football club in India and one of the biggest in Asia.
Towards the end of May 2012 it was announced that Indian owned company Dodsal Group wanted to start a football club in the city of Mumbai and name it Dodsal Football Club. The club registered with the Mumbai District Football Association and quickly outlined that their main goal would be to qualify for the I-League, which is India's top football competition, by 2013. The club is supposed to be run in the same way Manchester City F.C. of the Premier League is run, as company chairman Rajen Kilachand is in touch with City owner Sheikh Mansour.
On 18 August 2012 it was announced that Dodsal would play in the 2012 Durand Cup and thus their first ever professional tournament at the national stage. The club played their first ever official game on 25 August 2012 against Army Red at the Ambedkar Stadium in Delhi in which the club won the match 3–0 with Thoi Singh becoming the first player to ever score for the club in the 66th minute. The club then went on to the 2012 Durand Cup Final in which they lost 3–2 on penalties to then-current I-League club Air India FC.
Then in January 2013 it was officially announced that the club would participate in the 2013 I-League 2nd Division with the goal of winning and gaining promotion to the I-League and while doing so the club also changed their name to the Mumbai Tigers Football Club so they could potentially form a connection between them and the city of Mumbai. Tigers have got a direct entery in i-league after having bid for it
The club do not have an official stadium yet as the Mumbai Football League and the Durand Cup are played at neutral venues but the club has already set up a training ground at the Fr. Angel High School sports complex. The Sports Complex is well known for its artificial turf field. The Sports Complex is also known for its fitness gym and swimming pool.
- As of 26 Dec 2013.
Note: Flags indicate national team as has been defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
Current technical staff
- As of 1st July 2013
|Head Coach||Bimal Ghosh|
|Assistant Coach||Mahesh Lotlikar|
|GK Coach||Chandrakant Naik|
|Youth team coach||Abdul Azim Siddique|
- "Mumbai Tigers not to take part in I-League 2013-14". AIFF. Retrieved 4 September 2013.
- Majgaonkar, Kunaal. "Multi-crore Dodsal Group to kick-start team in Mumbai". Times of India. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "Dodsal FC – Rumoured to be going the Manchester City way". SportsKeeda. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "Durand Cup will be a success even sans sponsor: Organiers". Times of India. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "Andrew is Sesa Goa’s hero". The Hindu. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- "Air India win Durand Cup". Times of India. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
- "Dodsal are now Mumbai Tigers". Indian Express. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- Madaan, Sachin. "Dodsal FC – Money Is Finally Getting Pumped Into Indian Football". The Hard Tackle. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "Indian Football Transfers – Live Updates, July 18th". The Hard Tackle. Retrieved 19 August 2012.