Big Huge Games
Big Huge Games (2020-present)
|Release||April 1, 2015|
|Mode(s)||Massively multiplayer online game|
Dominations is a massively multiplayer online game. Players build a base with Defensive, Economy, and Army. An example of a military building is the Barracks along with several wonders of the world and a Town Centre. After training appropriate troops, players search for suitable opponents to attack and gain loot and medals.
Players can choose to play as any of the 8 different nations - British, Chinese, French, German, Greek, Japanese, Korean or Roman; and advance through 14 ages from Dawn Age to Digital Age, expanding the base in each age.
There is also a single player campaign where players practice strategies by battling in a historical perspective. DomiNations introduced World War on December 2, 2015.
As of April 2017, the game has over 32 million players worldwide, including 25 million players in the Western world, and it has grossed over $100 million in lifetime revenue.
Reviewers have compared the game with Clash of Clans, and the reviewers generally do not regard the two games being too similar. As of March 2016, the game had been downloaded over 19 million times.
- "DomiNations surpasses $100 million in revenues two years after first launching". Pocket Gamer. April 20, 2017.
- "Clash of Clans Meets Civilization in DomiNations - Gamezebo". 9 February 2015.
- "DomiNations assaults Clash of Clans with a Civilization-like mobile strategy game". 2 April 2015.
- "DomiNations Vs Clash of Clans for best strategy game – Product Reviews Net". 6 April 2015.
- "Dominations is Better than Clash of Clans". 13 April 2015.
- "Nexon acquires DomiNations developer Big Huge Games". VentureBeat. Retrieved 11 March 2016.