|Born||November 29, 1938|
|Alma mater||California Institute of Technology|
|Known for||X-ray crystallography, textbook author|
Donald Herman Voet (born November 29, 1938) is an Emeritus Associate Professor of Chemistry at the University of Pennsylvania. His laboratory uses x-ray crystallography to understand structure-function relationships in proteins. He and his wife, Judith G. Voet, are authors of biochemistry text books that are widely used in undergraduate and graduate curricula.
He completed his postdoctoral research at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1969 in the laboratory of Alexander Rich. He later became a professor in the chemistry department at the University of Pennsylvania. Voet and his wife are coeditors-in-chief of the journal Biochemical and Molecular Biology Education.
- Voet, D; Voet, J.G.; and Pratt, C.W., Fundamentals of Biochemistry, Life at the molecular level (4th ed.), John Wiley & Sons (2013)
- Voet, D. and Voet, J, G., Biochemistry (4th ed.), John Wiley & Sons Inc.: Hoboken, NJ (2011)
- Voet, D; Voet, J.G.; and Pratt, C.W., Fundamentals of Biochemistry (3rd ed.), John Wiley & Sons (2008)
- Uzman, A.; Eichberg, J.; Widger, W.; Cornely, K.; Voet, D.; Voet,J.G.; and Pratt, C.W.; Student Companion to Accompany Fundamentals of Biochemistry (2nd ed.), John Wiley & Sons (2006)
- Voet, D; Voet, J.G.; and Pratt, C.W.; Fundamentals of Biochemistry (2nd ed.), John Wiley & Sons (2006)
- Voet, D. and Voet, J. G., Solutions Manual to Accompany Biochemistry (3rd ed.), John Wiley & Sons (2004)
- Voet, D. and Voet, J. G., Biochemistry (3rd ed.), John Wiley & Sons (2004)
- Milner, Dorothy L; Committee On Chemists With Disabilities, American Chemical Society (2001). "Teaching chemistry to students with disabilities: A manual for high schools, colleges, and graduate programs". ISBN 978-0-8412-3817-6.
- "U. Penn, Dept. of Chemistry: Faculty Donald Voet". University of Pennsylvania. 2013. Retrieved 22 Aug 2013.
- Buehler, Lukas K. (January 2, 2000). "Reviews of books by Donald Voet, Judith Voet". Lukas K. Buehler. Retrieved 18 January 2010.
- Wood, E.J. (1 October 1999). "Book review: Biochemistry in a nutshell - Fundamentals of Biochemistry by Donald Voet, Judith G. Voet and Charlotte W. Pratt". Trends in Biochemical Sciences. 24 (10): 409–410. doi:10.1016/S0968-0004(99)01447-4. Retrieved 18 January 2010.
- Sodja, Ann (1996). "Book Review - Biochemistry". International Biodeterioration & Biodegradation. 37 (3–4): 233–235. doi:10.1016/0964-8305(96)88252-7. Retrieved 2 February 2010.
- "Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education (BAMBED), a Journal for University, College, and High School Educators by Judith G. Voet1 and Donald H. Voet2, BAMBED Co-Editors-in-Chief" (PDF). Protein Databank Newsletter. RCSB PDB (38): 5. Summer 2008.
- Voet, D. and Lipscomb, W. N., "Molecular Structure of Carboranes. A 1,2-Dicarbaclovododecaborane Derivative, B10H10(CCH2Br)2," Inorg. Chem. 3, 1679 (1964).
- Voet, D. and Lipscomb, W. N., “Molecular and Crystal Structure of B7C2H11(CH3)2," Inorg. Chem. 6, 113-119 (1967).
|This article about an American scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|