|Birth name||Donna Simpson|
Albany, Western Australia
|Origin||Albany, Western Australia|
|Associated acts||The Waifs
Donna Simpson (born 1970) is an Australian guitarist, vocalist, and songwriter, a member of the Australian folk rock band The Waifs. Donna's young sister Vikki Thorn (née Simpson) also plays harmonica and sings in the band. Simpson has released six albums with The Waifs, and wrote the single London Still, one of The Waifs' most successful singles to date.
In 2003 Simpson married Ben Weaver, a US singer-songwriter, together they had one son (2006). In 2008 she was admitted to Hazelden Treatment Center in Minnesota, ‘for alcohol addiction’. During 2009 Simpson and Weaver got divorced.
In 2012 Simpson moved back to Western Australia. She has two sons (2012 & 2013) and they all reside in Fremantle.
- The Waifs (1996)
- Shelter Me (1998)
- Sink or Swim (2000)
- Lighthouse EP (2003)
- Up All Night (2003)
- A Brief History... (2004)
- Sun Dirt Water (2007)
- Temptation (2011)
- Beautiful You (2015)
- "Ironbark" (2017)
Guest appearances and collaborations
- John Dee Holeman & the Waifs Band (John Dee Holeman & The Waifs Band) (2007)
- Shedden, Iain (20 August 2007). "Sounds like Nashville". The Australian. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- "Album of the Week". News Limited. 3 March 2011. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- Shedden, Iain (19 February 2011). "The Waifs: Key to Success". The Australian. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
- Gibson, Lucy (19 March 2014). "Waif finds love with stray fan". West Australian. Retrieved 14 April 2016.
|This article on an Australian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on an Australian guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|