Type of site
|Social network service|
|Registration||Required to Participate|
|Owner||Love Socio Ltd|
|Created by||Tim Aylott, John Brophy and Dave Brophy|
|159,137 (April 2014[update])|
DontStayIn, commonly abbreviated to DSI, is a social networking site based around clubbing. Primarily covering the UK it lists nearly 185,000 events and has over 430,000 verified members. Members are encouraged to upload picture galleries to the site for events they've attended, add events and venues and otherwise contribute. 'Spotters' are DSI members who review and photograph events and promote DSI.
The site was also ranked continuously from April 2006 to December 2008 in the top 3 websites in the UK by Hitwise for their "Entertainment - Nightlife" category. (Hitwise awards - Q2/2006 Q3/2006 Q4/2006 Q1/2007 Q2/2007 Q3/2007 Q4/2007 Q1/2008 Q2/2008 Q3/2008 Q4/2008)
The format of the site allows any user to add event listings, post comments and upload photos from anywhere in the world. DSI members are known for their loyalty to and promotion of the site. Many users have also commented favourably about the site and its impact on their lives when it is mentioned by reviewers (see comments here for an example).
In 2005, DSI was featured in a documentary made by Juniper TV as part of Channel 4's "Trouble Online" series that profiled new media enterprises that have been set up by young entrepreneurs.
In December 2012 DontStayIn was taken over by Love Socio Ltd, a subsidiary company of Web Giants Ltd.
Set up by founders under initial name of "YouGotSpotted.com"
Renamed "DontStayIn.com" Archive.org snapshot of site
Won the House Music Awards prize for "Best Web Resource".
Became number 1 in the "Hitwise" rankings for the category "Entertainment - Nightlife" in the UK Q2/2007 Hitwise - remained number 1 until Q4/2008 Won the Hard Dance Awards "Best Website" award
Won the Hardcore Heaven Awards "Best Website" award
Won the Hard Dance Awards "Best Website" award
Taken over by Development Hell Ltd.
Taken over by Love Socio Ltd, a subsidiary company of Web Giants Ltd.
The Don't Stay In brand was updated in June 2013 followed by a complete website update. The first phase of the new update was launched in Beta in July 2013.
From the site (as of 28 April 2009):
- Photos - Nearly 12 million photos have been uploaded to DSI so far. On average around 150,000 photos are uploaded every month and there are around 13 million photo viewings every month.
- Events - The number of events on DSI is over 210,000. Around 2500 new events are added every month.
- Verified members - There are now over 490,000 registered members on DSI. Around 2,500 new members are signing up every month. Around 35,000 log in at least once per month.
- Forum Posts - There are over 20 million discussion forum posts on DSI. Over 120,000 forum posts are written every month.
- "Dontstayin.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Camp DSI 2006 - DSI's 3rd Birthday! - DontStayIn
- DSI Does.. Alton Towers Round 2 - DontStayIn
- DSI Does... group - DontStayIn
- DontStayIn events group - DontStayIn
- UTalkMarketing - Digital marketing rallies mob
- "Mothercare buys Early Learning Centres". Daily Mail (London).
- "Download our channel 4 programme!" - DontStayIn
- Juniper Tv
- Money and Business from Channel4.com
- Mixmag publisher Development Hell buys DontStayIn.com
- House Music Awards 2005 - UKMusic.com - Upfront and Ruthlessly Independent
- stats - DontStayIn