|This Marketing needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||New York, NY|
Number of employees
|Slogan||Digital Marketing Insights|
Hitwise is a division of Connexity, that measures behavior across desktop, tablet and smartphone devices. The service provides data on trends in visitor and search behavior, visitor and website profiling and measures website market share. Hitwise helps companies optimize marketing efforts and improve the effectiveness of search, display, affiliate, mobile, email and social-media marketing campaigns.
In 2015 Hitwise was acquired by Digital marketing company, Connexity, in a combined worth $47 Million on 14 December 2015.
||This section contains embedded lists that may be better presented using prose. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- 1997 – Hitwise is founded in Melbourne by Adrian Giles and Andrew Barlow. Adrian Giles acted as Managing Director from 1997 to 2000. Andrew Barlow acted as Chairman and Joint-Managing Director from 1997 to 2000.
- 2000 – The "competitive intelligence" service launches. This service allows subscription access to Hitwise’s reports.
- 2001 – Hitwise launches in New Zealand, Hong Kong, United Kingdom and Singapore.
- 2002 – Hitwise is ranked 5th in the Deloitte Fast 50 in Australia.
- 2003 – Hitwise launches in the United States.
- 2004 – Hitwise is ranked 6th fastest in the Deloitte Fast 50.
- 2006 – Hitwise purchases HitDynamics a bid management and web analytics platform.
- 2007 – Hitwise is acquired by Experian.
- 2008 - Hitwise is ranked #37 on the Honomichl Top 50 list of US Market Research Firms.
- 2009 - Hitwise launches in Canada and Brazil.
- 2010 - Hitwise launches in France.
- 2010 - Hitwise launches in India.
- 2015 - Hitwise is acquired by Connexity
- 2003: Australian Entrepreneur of the Year Awards Finalist – Adrian Giles (founder)
- 2004: UK Revolution Awards – Winner Most Innovative UK Digital Business
- 2002–2006: Deloitte Fast 50
- Harrington, Ben (2006). "Hitwise eyes up £180m sale". Hitwise value. London: Telegraph. Retrieved 2006-12-11.
- "Experian Acquires Hitwise". Hitwise Acquisition. Hitwise. 2007. Archived from the original on 2007-04-22. Retrieved 2007-05-15.
- "Company History". Hitwise History. Hitwise. 2006. Retrieved 2009-10-27.
- "Hitwise Factsheet". About Hitwise – Factsheet. Hitwise. 2006. Archived from the original on 2006-12-08. Retrieved 2006-12-11.