This Marketing needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015)
|Type||Online Market Intelligence|
|Industry||Marketing, Audience Analysis, Digital Media|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California|
Number of employees
Hitwise is a division of Connexity, that measures behavior across desktop, tablet and smartphone devices. Hitwise provides marketers with online insights to help them understand, track and grow market share. Using Hitwise, marketers can define, understand and target audiences to optimize their multi-channel marketing campaigns. Hitwise enables users to not only understand how traffic moves between websites and industries, but also who the audiences are behind that traffic. Hitwise can identify who these audiences are, both on and offline, to provide a complete 360 real time view of the consumer.
The service provides data on trends in visitor and search behavior, visitor and website profiling and measures website market share. Hitwise helps companies optimize marketing efforts and improve the effectiveness of search, display, affiliate, mobile, email and social-media marketing campaigns.
In 2015 Hitwise was acquired by Digital marketing company, Connexity, in a combined worth $47 Million on 14 December 2015.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (September 2022)
Hitwise was founded in 1997 in Melbourne by Adrian Giles and Andrew Barlow. Adrian Giles acted as Managing Director from 1997 to 2000. Andrew Barlow acted as Chairman and Joint-Managing Director from 1997 to 2000. It launched the "competitive intelligence" service in 2000; a service that allows subscription access to Hitwise’s reports.
In 2001 Hitwise launched in New Zealand, Hong Kong, United Kingdom and Singapore. In 2003 Hitwise launched in the United States. In 2006 Hitwise purchased HitDynamics, a bid management and web analytics platform. In 2009 Hitwise launched in Canada and Brazil. In 2010 Hitwise launched in France and India.
- Hitwise was acquired by Experian in 2007.
- Hitwise was acquired by Connexity in 2015.
- Hitwise closed in 2020.
- In 2002 Hitwise was ranked 5th in the Deloitte Fast 50 in Australia.
- In 2004 Hitwise was ranked 6th fastest in the Deloitte Fast 50.
- In 2008 Hitwise was ranked #37 on the Honomichl Top 50 list of US Market Research Firms.
- 2003: Australian Entrepreneur of the Year Awards Finalist – Adrian Giles (founder)
- 2004: UK Revolution Awards – Winner Most Innovative UK Digital Business
- 2002–2006: Deloitte Fast 50
- Harrington, Ben (2006). "Hitwise eyes up £180m sale". Hitwise value. London: Telegraph. Archived from the original on 14 December 2006. Retrieved 11 December 2006.
- "Experian Acquires Hitwise". Hitwise Acquisition. Hitwise. 2007. Archived from the original on 22 April 2007. Retrieved 15 May 2007.
- "Company History". Hitwise History. Hitwise. 2006. Retrieved 27 October 2009.
- "Hitwise Factsheet". About Hitwise – Factsheet. Hitwise. 2006. Archived from the original on 8 December 2006. Retrieved 11 December 2006.
- "MAXPlaces Marketing". Friday, 12 April 2019