They have established academic institutions in Kanpur and other cities. They are often merchants.Hemu Vikramaditya, who was defeated by Akbar's forces, is said to have been a Dosar. The author of the famous Jhanda Geet (विजयी विश्व तिरंगा प्यारा, झण्डा ऊँचा रहे हमारा), Shyam Lal Gupta was a Dosar.
Dosars are devout Hindus. In the past some of them have also followed Jainism.
- दोसर वैश्य समाज के होली मिलन में उड़ा गुलाल, Amar Ujala, Thu, 27 Mar 2014
- Guzarā kahām̐-kahām̐ se: ātmakathātmaka saṃsmaraṇa, Kanhaiyālāla Nandana, Rajpal & Sons, 2007, p. 107
- The Tribes and Castes of the Central Provinces of India, R.V. Russell and Hiralal, 1916
- झंडा गीत के रचयिता-श्याम लाल गुप्त, Khabar Live, Sep 09, 2014
- Pt. Jhammanlal Jain Tarkatirtha, Shri Lamechu Samaj ka Itihas, Calcutta, 1952
|This India-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|