They have established academic institutions and industries in Kanpur and other cities. They are often big merchants of a good socio-economic status. Hemu Vikramaditya, who was defeated deceitfully by Akbar's forces, is said to have been from Dosar Vaishya community. The author of the famous Jhanda Geet (विजयी विश्व तिरंगा प्यारा, झण्डा ऊँचा रहे हमारा), Shyam Lal Gupta was a Dosar.
- दोसर वैश्य समाज के होली मिलन में उड़ा गुलाल, Amar Ujala, Thu, 27 Mar 2014
- Guzarā kahām̐-kahām̐ se: ātmakathātmaka saṃsmaraṇa, Kanhaiyālāla Nandana, Rajpal & Sons, 2007, p. 107
- The Tribes and Castes of the Central Provinces of India, R.V. Russell and Hiralal, 1916
- झंडा गीत के रचयिता-श्याम लाल गुप्त, Khabar Live, 9 September 2014
- Pt. Jhammanlal Jain Tarkatirtha, Shri Lamechu Samaj ka Itihas, Calcutta, 1952
|This India-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|