Drawings, water-colours and prints by Vincent van Gogh
Drawings and water-colours and prints by Vincent van Gogh is an incomplete list of works on paper and other works by the Dutch artist Vincent van Gogh (1853–1890) that form an important part of his complete body of work.
- 1 London
- 2 Etten, Drenthe, The Hague, Neunen
- 3 Paris
- 4 Arles
- 5 Saint-Rémy
- 6 Auvers
- 7 See also
- 8 Resources
- 9 References
- 10 External links
Van Gogh's 1873 or 1874 drawing of 87 Hackford Road
Etten, Drenthe, The Hague, Neunen
Drawings and watercolors
Peasant Sitting by the Fireplace ('Worn Out') 1881, (F863, JH34), watercolor, P. and N. de Boer Foundation, Amsterdam 
Woman Sewing, 1881-1882, P. and N. de Boer Foundation, Amsterdam (F869)
Sorrow, 1882, There are several versions of this drawing. Van Gogh also made a lithograph of Sorrow. In early April 1882 Van Gogh sent one of them to Theo, referring to it as "the best figure I have drawn yet." The model posing was Clasina (Sien) Hoornik, whom he had met shortly after his arrival in The Hague and taken in with her daughter afterwards. He had met Sien towards the end of January,
Sien Nursing Baby, Half-Figure, drawing, 1882, Kröller-Müller Museum, Otterlo, The Netherlands (F1062)
Sien Nursing Baby, drawing, 1882, Kröller-Müller Museum, Otterlo, The Netherlands (F1063)
Sien with Child on her Lap, drawing, 1882, Kröller-Müller Museum, Otterlo, The Netherlands (F1071)
Soup Distribution in a Public Soup Kitchen, drawing, 1883, Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam (F1020a)
Sien with a cigar, sitting on the floor beside the fireplace, The Hague 1882, Pencil, black chalk, pen and brush, Kröller-Müller Museum, (F898)
Portrait of Jozef Blok also The Bookseller Blok, watercolor
Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam (F993)
Sien Nursing Baby, watercolor and chalk
Private collection (F1068)
Girl Kneeling by a Cradle, March 1883, pencil, charcoal, heightened with white, Van Gogh Museum, (F1024)
Orphan Man with Top Hat, drawing, 1883, Worcester Art Museum (F954)
Woman with Wheelbarrow, watercolor, 1883, Kröller-Müller Museum, Otterlo, Netherlands (F1021)
A Wood Auction also Lumber Sale, watercolor, 1883, Kröller-Müller Museum, Otterlo, Netherlands (F1113)
Landscape with a Church, Drawing with pencil and pen, 1883, Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam (F1238)
Weaver at the Loom, Pencil, pen and ink, 1884, Kröller-Müller Museum, Otterlo (F1134)
The Quarries of Montmartre, Paris 1887 (F.1410)
pen and water-colour, 39.5 x 53.5 cm
Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam
Café Terrace at Night, 1888, Reed pen and ink over pencil on laid paper, Dallas Museum of Art
Fishing Boats at Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer, 1888 Pen and ink and pencil, Saint Louis Art Museum
Rocks and Ruins, Montmajour 1888 (F.1446)
pen and ink, 47.5 × 59 cm
Portrait of the Postman Joseph Roulin, 1888, Getty Museum
Old Peasant (Patience Escalier), September 1888 (F.1460)
pen and ink, 49.4 × 38 cm
Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, MA
Garden of the Hospital in Arles, April 1889
Drawbridge with Lady with Parasol, pen and ink, 23.5 × 31 cm.
Los Angeles County Museum (F1471)
Langlois Bridge, Arles, pen and ink, 35.5 × 47 cm.
Staatsgalerie Stuttgart (F1470)
Drawings and watercolours
Starry Night, after the painting, 1889 (F.1540)
pen, brush and ink, 47.1 × 62.2 cm
formerly Kunsthalle Bremen
Cypresses (Les Cyprès), 1889, Reed pen, graphite, quill, brown ink and black ink on white wove latune et cie balcons paper, Brooklyn Museum
Entrance Hall of Saint-Paul Hospital, 1889, Black chalk, brush and thinned oil on pink paper, Van Gogh Museum
Drawings and watercolours
Articles that include drawings, water-colours or prints:
- Early works of Vincent van Gogh
- Flowering Orchards (Van Gogh series)
- Hospital in Arles (Van Gogh series)
- Langlois Bridge at Arles (Van Gogh series)
- Portrait of Dr. Gachet
- Saintes-Maries (Van Gogh series)
- Yellow House (painting)
- The Zouave
Due to the considerable number of works on paper by Van Gogh, for a valid identification reference is to the numbers of Jacob Baart de la Faille's Catalogue raisonné (1928 & 1970) (F) or to Jan Hulsker's updated compilation (1978, revised 1989) (JH).
- Hansen, Nichols, Sund, Knudsen, Bremen (2003). Van Gogh: Fields. Hatje Cantz Publishers for Toledo Museum of Art Exhibition. p. 44. ISBN 3-7757-1131-7.
- Brooks, D. "Peasant Sitting by the Fireplace ('Worn Out')". The Vincent van Gogh Gallery, endorsed by Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam. David Brooks (self-published). Retrieved 19 February 2011.
- "Sorrowful old man". Kröller-Müller Museum. Archived from the original on 1 October 2011. Retrieved 22 February 2011.
- Worn Out, Van Gogh Museum, retrieved 18 February 2012
- Van Gogh letter Retrieved April 13, 2011
- "Letter 224". Vincent van Gogh. The Letters. Amsterdam: Van Gogh Museum.
- Callow (1990), 117
- "Letter 222: To Theo van Gogh. The Hague, Monday, 1 May 1882". Vincent van Gogh: The Letters. Van Gogh Museum. Paragraph 5.
I wanted to express something of life’s struggle ... in those gnarled black roots with their knots.
- "Mourning Woman Seated on a Basket". Kröller-Müller Museum. Archived from the original on 22 February 2013. Retrieved 22 February 2011.
- "Weeping Woman". Art Institute of Chicago. Retrieved 22 February 2011.
- "At Eternity's Gate", vggallery.com. Last Retrieved 19 October 2011.
- Corridor in the Asylum, Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Vincent van Gogh: Drawings, ed. Johannes van der Wolk, Ronald Pickvance & E. B. F. Pey, Arnoldo Mondadori Arte & De Luca Edizione d'Arte 1990 (editions in various languages: ISBN 88-242-0024-9 (Dutch))
- Vincent van Gogh: The Drawings, ed. Colta Ives, Susan Alyson Stein etc., The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York & Yale University Press, New Haven and London, 2005 ISBN 1-58839-164-7
- The Globe and Mail, "Long Lost Sketchbook Found"
- Van Gogh, paintings and drawings: a special loan exhibition, a fully digitized exhibition catalog from The Metropolitan Museum of Art Libraries
- Media related to Drawings by Vincent van Gogh at Wikimedia Commons
- Media related to Lithographs by Vincent van Gogh at Wikimedia Commons
- Media related to Watercolour paintings by Vincent van Gogh at Wikimedia Commons