Dreamin' (Weezer song)
|Single by Weezer|
|from the album Weezer|
|Released||May 27, 2008 (iTunes)|
|Weezer singles chronology|
"Dreamin'" is a song released as an iTunes single (the fourth from the album) from American alternative rock band Weezer's sixth album, Weezer (2008). It was released in digital form on May 27, 2008.
In the booklet for Rivers Cuomo's demo compilation album Alone, Cuomo describes how the song "This Is the Way" was originally going to be used for the Red Album over "Dreamin'," then called "Daydreamer." Eventually, Cuomo was able to persuade other band members to choose the "epic, 6-minute, symphonic type of art song" Dreamin' instead.
Brian Bell has commented that this song was written in the sonata form and the breakdown of the song has a formal name ("The Dream Sequence") in response to a question asking what was each band member's produest moment on the album.
- "Dreamin'" - 5:12
- Rivers Cuomo – lead guitar, lead vocals
- Patrick Wilson – percussion, backing vocals
- Brian Bell – rhythm guitar, Lead/backing vocals
- Scott Shriner – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Weezer : 05/27/08 Dreamin iTunes Single, + new newz roundup Archived May 31, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Booklet and Linear Notes of Alone: The Home Recordings of Rivers Cuomo
- Weezer Reveal 'Hootenanny' Plans To Tay Zonday - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News
|This 2000s rock song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|