Dru yoga is a style of yoga that works with postures, breath work, relaxation and meditation. Its series or sequences are called Energy Block Release. According to "Dru World Wide" this yoga style has thousands of practitioners in 31 countries.
The word Dru in the name refers to the hindu deity dhruva, a prince from the Hindu mythology the god Vishnu honored with the eternal abode on the Pole Star (Dhruva Nakshatra in sanskrit).
Dru Worldwide and affiliates have registered Dru yoga as their trademark in Australia and the US. The organisation changed its name from Life Foundation School of Therapeutics Ltd to the World Peace Flame Foundation, and has also been known as Life Foundation International, Dru (UK) Ltd and Dru World Wide.
- trademarkify.com.au, Dru Yoga Australia Life Foundation School of Therapeutics search result, retrieved June 2, 2013.
- 'Life Foundation School of Therapeutics Ltd, Cylex Company Information', retrieved 10 June 2013
- 'Dru (UK) Ltd, Companies in the UK', retrieved 10 June 2013
- 'Dru (UK) Ltd, Companies in the UK', Dru Yoga Trademark Intellectual Property Office 01/04/2004
- 'Dru (UK) Ltd, Companies in the UK', Dru Yoga Trademark Intellectual Property Office 16/07/1999
- 'Church concerns over "peace flame" plan', The Observer, 27 April 2013.
- 'Organisers deny Dru Yoga conference linked to cult', Religious News, 29 August 2008.
|This Yoga-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|