Drunk Enough to Dance
|Drunk Enough to Dance|
|Studio album by Bowling for Soup|
|Released||August 6, 2002|
|Recorded||Tree Sound Studios
Ruby Red Studios
Big Time Audio
|Producer||Butch Walker, Jaret Reddick, Rhys Fulber|
|Bowling for Soup chronology|
|Singles from Drunk Enough to Dance|
Drunk Enough to Dance is the sixth studio album and second major label album by American rock band Bowling for Soup. It was recorded at Tree Sound Studios and Sonica Recording in Atlanta and Big Time Audio in Dallas, Texas.
It was released August 6, 2002 through Jive Records. The single, "Girl All the Bad Guys Want," was nominated for a Grammy award in 2003 in the "Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal" category.
A re-release in 2003 added: "Punk Rock 101"; a cover of '80s new wave band A Flock of Seagulls' "I Ran (So Far Away)"; and "Star Song". There is an acoustic version of the song "Belgium" at the very end of the album.
"Punk Rock 101" was released as a radio single on May 20, 2003.
The album was included in Rock Sound's 101 Modern Classics list at number 63. The album was included at number 32 on Rock Sound's "The 51 Most Essential Pop Punk Albums of All Time" list. BuzzFeed included the album at number 28 on their "36 Pop Punk Albums You Need To Hear Before You F——ing Die" list.
|1.||"I Don't Wanna Rock"||Jaret Reddick||3:03|
|3.||"Girl All the Bad Guys Want" (*)||Reddick, Butch Walker||3:17|
|4.||"On and On (About You)"||Reddick||3:10|
|6.||"Life After Lisa" (**)||Reddick, Walker||3:08|
|7.||"Where to Begin"||Reddick||5:19|
|8.||"The Last Rock Show"||Reddick||1:28|
|10.||"The Hard Way"||Reddick||3:09|
|11.||"Out the Window"||Reddick||3:20|
|12.||"Cold Shower Tuesdays"||Reddick||3:35|
|13.||"Running from Your Dad"||Reddick||3:37|
|15.||"She's Got a Boyfriend"||Reddick||3:51|
|16.||"Greatest Day" (***)||Reddick||3:19|
Each version of the album has a number tracks that are five-to-six seconds of complete silence, titled "[Blank]," between the last song and "Belgium." The number of blank tracks varies upon the version, but "Belgium" is track 28 on all versions except for the Japanese Edition, where it is on track 20 after "Other Girls". There is about 1 minute of silence in between both songs.
- Bonus tracks
|18.||"(Is the World) World Falling Apart" (also appears on U.K. Promo)||Reddick||3:38|
|19.||"Other Girls" (also appears on U.K. and Australian "Girl All the Bad Guys Want" single)||Reddick||3:45|
|18.||"Punk Rock 101" (Special Bonus Track *)||Reddick, Walker||3:08|
|19.||"I Ran (So Far Away)" (Extra Special Bonus Track ****)||Mike Score, Ali Score, Frank Maudsley, Paul Reynolds||2:34|
|20.||"Star Song" (Now This is a Super Extra Special Bonus Track *****)||Reddick, Walker||3:25|
No. Title Length 1. "Changed My Mind" (released on the U.K. "Emily" single) 3:47
Bowling for Soup:
- Jaret von Erich (Jaret Reddick) — vocals, rhythm guitars
- Erik Rodham Clinton (Erik Chandler) — bass, vocals
- Christopher Van Malmsteen (Chris Burney) — lead guitars, vocals
- Gary Wiseass (Gary Wiseman) — drums
- Produced, Engineered and Mixed by Butch Walker for Ruby Red Productions, Atlanta, GA, except:
- * Mixed by Tom Lord-Alge
- ** Additional Engineering by John Briglevich; Mixed by Tom Soares
- *** Produced by Jaret Reddick; Engineering by Steve Browne; Mixed by Tom Soares
- **** Produced by Rhys Fulber; Mixed by Tom Lord-Alge
- ***** Mixed by Chris Shaw
- Basic Tracks Recorded at Tree Studios, Atlanta, GA, except "Punk Rock 101," "I Ran (So Far Away)" and "Star Song" Recorded at Ruby Red Studios, Atlanta, GA, "Life After Lisa" Recorded at Sonica Recording, Atlanta, GA and "Greatest Day" Recorded at Big Time Audio, Dallas, TX
- Overdubs Recorded at Ruby Red Studios, Atlanta, GA, except "Life After Lisa" Recorded at Sonica Recording and "Greatest Day" Recorded at Big Time Audio
- Mixed at Stonehenge at ZAC Recording, Atlanta, GA, except "Girl All the Bad Guys Want," "Punk Rock 101" and "I Ran (So Far Away)," Mixed at South Beach Studios, Miama, FL, "Star Song" Mixed at Avatar Studios, NYC, "Life After Lisa" Mixed at Streetlight Studios, NYC and "Greatest Day" Mixed at Electric Lady Studios, NYC
- Mastered by Chaz Harper at Battery Mastering, NYC
- General Assistant to Butch Walker: Christie Priode
- Assistant Engineers:
- Tree Sound - Rus-T Cobb and Robert Hannon
- Stonehenge at ZAC Recording: Rus-T Cobb and Jon Oullette
- Second Engineer: Ari Newman
- Sonica Recording: Mike Schneider
- Streetlight Studios: Tim Obremski
- Electric Lady: Shinobu Mitsuoka
- Ruby Red Studios: Rus-T Cobb
- Avatar Studios: Ross Petersen
- Percussion, piano, Hammond and additional guitars by Butch Walker Additional vocal on "Life After Lisa" by Butch Walker
- Additional Backing Vocals on "I Don't Wanna Rock" and "Running from Your Dad" by FFroe and Howie
- Keyboards on "I Ran (So Far Away)" by Jamie Muhoberac
- Management: Jeff Roe for FFroe
- Legal Representation: Mike McKoy - Serling, Rooks, Ferrara
- Road Crew: Sweet Charlie, Greg Lobdell
|2003||The Billboard 200||129|
|2002||"Girl All the Bad Guys Want"||Modern Rock Tracks||38|
|2003||Adult Top 40||39|
|The Billboard Hot 100||64|
|Top 40 Mainstream||17|
|Top 40 Tracks||25|
- A ^ Featured in frontman Jaret Reddick's seventh Bowling for Soup podcast, released March 10, 2010.
- "A List of the 11 BFS studio albums (for my twitter peeps)". January 5, 2011. Archived from the original on July 15, 2011. Retrieved January 6, 2010.
- "FMQB Airplay Archive: Modern Rock". Friday Morning Quarterback Album Report, Incorporated. Archived from the original on March 22, 2013. Retrieved October 30, 2016.
- Allmusic review
- "Rock Sound's 101 Modern Classics: 74 - 50". Rock Sound Magazine. June 27, 2012. Retrieved July 6, 2015.
- Bird, ed. 2014, p. 70
- Sherman, Maria; Broderick, Ryan (July 2, 2013). "36 Pop Punk Albums You Need To Hear Before You F----ing Die". BuzzFeed. Retrieved July 29, 2015.