|Birth name||Jaret Ray Reddick|
|Also known as||J.R., Red Dick, Jaret Von Erich, The Pope Minister|
|Born||March 6, 1972|
|Origin||Denton, Texas, U.S.|
|Genres||punk rock, Pop punk, power pop|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, guitarist, composer, voice actor|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, keyboards, tambourine, kazoo|
|Labels||Jive, Que-so, Crappy, Brando|
|Associated acts||Bowling for Soup, coolfork!, Jarinus, Love Händel, People on Vacation, Terminal Seasons, The Boster|
Jaret Ray Reddick (born March 6, 1972) is an American musician, singer, songwriter, composer, and voice actor, best known as the lead vocalist, rhythm guitarist, and primary songwriter for the Grammy Award-nominated rock band Bowling For Soup. He plays a Music Man Axis that has a flag of Texas design on it.
- 1 Background
- 2 Career
- 3 Discography
- 4 Filmography
- 5 References
- 6 External links
||This section of a biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011)|
Jaret Ray Reddick was born in Grapevine, Texas. He is the youngest of six children, with four sisters and a brother (named Danny). He went to Cunningham Elementary School, Wichita Falls, Texas. He graduated from S.H. Rider High School in Wichita Falls. In high school, he played snare drum in the marching band. Jaret has degrees in business management and psychology from Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls.
He has owned a chain of toy stores while attempting to get his music career off the ground. He resides in Prosper, Texas.
Bowling for Soup
Bowling for Soup formed in 1994 in Wichita Falls, Texas. Their name derives from Bowling For Soup, a comedy routine by Steve Martin. Jaret is the songwriter for the band, penning such BFS hits as "Punk Rock 101", as well as playing rhythm guitar. He also likes Iron Maiden, with his favourite song being "Paschendale", inspired by his old history teacher Dave McGill.
Phineas and Ferb
Reddick's biggest project outside of Bowling for Soup is song writing and appearing as the lead singer of the fictional band Love Händel on the television show Phineas and Ferb. It started with Bowling for Soup providing the series' theme song "Today is Gonna Be a Great Day," (nominated for Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music Emmy in 2008) and later Reddick's character Danny was introduced in the episode "Dude, We're Getting the Band Back Together". Reddick has since written several songs for the show and made a handful of appearances, both as Danny from Love Händel, and once with cartoon versions of the other members of Bowling for Soup performing "Today is Gonna Be a Great Day."
Reddick also worked with SEGA for the song "Endless Possibility", which is featured as the theme to the Sonic the Hedgehog videogame, Sonic Unleashed. The song was co-written by other members of SEGA's sound team, including longtime Sonic game composer, Jun Senoue.
Jarinus is a songwriting/production team composed of Reddick and Linus of Hollywood. The two have worked together co-writing songs for and co-producing the Bowling for Soup albums, Sorry for Partyin' (2009) and Fishin' for Woos (2011), as well as co-founding Crappy Records, and co-producing the People on Vacation EP The Carry_On EP (2011). In late 2011, Jarinus announced that they would be making their debut album and that they would be seeking funding for recording it through Kickstarter, and have since reached their goal of over $18,000. The duo began releasing demo recordings as free downloads, as a "song of the week" promotion, on SoundCloud. However, Reddick later stated these songs would not appear on the album.
Crappy Records is an independent record label started by Reddick and Linus of Hollywood as a partnership with Oglio Records. The label has released albums from Kurt Baker, The Leftovers, Linus of Hollywood, MC Lars, and Skyfox.
Built By Ninjas
Built By Ninjas is a music video production group formed by Reddick and Heath Balderston. The group has produced music videos for MC Lars, Patent Pending, Palmdale, and Skyfox, as well as Bowling for Soup's music video for the song "Turbulence" and People on Vacation's video for the song "Where Do We Go."
Producing Darlington singles
In 2008, Reddick produced, co-wrote, and co-arranged two singles with solo artist Christy Darlington. SUV & Girls + Summer = Fun! were subsequently recorded at Valve Studios with Jaret producing. Jaret also sung backing vocals and performed guitar parts on the songs, with Christy performing lead vocal parts and guitar parts as well. Erik Chandler performed the bass parts and also backing vocals, and Gary Wiseman performed the drum parts. These two singles would later be released digitally. This collaboration was a result of Jaret & Bowling for Soup having known Darlington & performed concerts together in Dallas in the late 90's, and a mutual liking and respect for each other's music.
People on Vacation
In 2010, Reddick started a side project band, called People on Vacation, with Ryan Hamilton from the indie rock band Smile Smile. The duo have since released two songs online. The first, "Better Off Dead" was released in late 2010, and a second, "She Was the Only One" was released in early 2011. A video for "Better Off Dead" has also been released. The duo released their debut EP The Carry On EP on November 24, 2011, through Brando Records.
Chuck E. Cheese
Bowling for Soup
- Bowling for Soup (1994)
- Cell Mates (1996)
- Rock on Honorable Ones!! (1997)
- Tell Me When to Whoa (1998)
- Let's Do It for Johnny!! (2000)
- Drunk Enough to Dance (2002)
- A Hangover You Don't Deserve (2004)
- Bowling for Soup Goes to the Movies (2005)
- The Great Burrito Extortion Case (2006)
- Sorry for Partyin' (2009)
- Fishin' for Woos (2011)
- Lunch. Drunk. Love. (2013)
- Songs People Actually Liked (Vol 1) (2015)
Phineas and Ferb and Love Händel
|2008||Danny and Phineas Flynn||"History of Rock"||Phineas and Ferb, episode: "Dude, We're Getting the Band Back Together"||Reddick as Danny from Love Händel and Vincent Martella as Phineas.|
|Love Händel||"You Snuck Your Way Right Into My Heart"||Reddick as Danny from Love Händel.|
|"Music Makes Us Better"|
|2009||Love Händel and Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz||"Couldn't Kick My Way Right Into Her Heart"||Phineas and Ferb, episode: "Thaddeus and Thor"||Reddick as Danny from Love Händel and Dan Povenmire as Doofenshmirtz.|
|Love Händel||"You Snuck Your Way Right Into My Heart"||Phineas and Ferb soundtrack||Reddick as Danny from Love Händel.|
|2010||Love Händel||"Tri-State Area Unification Day"||Phineas and Ferb, episode: "Hip Hip Parade"||Reddick as Danny from Love Händel.|
|Unknown female singer||"Izzy's Got the Frizzies"||Phineas and Ferb, episode "Robot Rodeo"||Songwriter|
|Love Händel||"Bouncin' Around the World"||Phineas and Ferb, "Summer Belongs to You" episode and soundtrack||Reddick as Danny from Love Händel; also songwriter|
|"The Ballad of Klimpaloon"||Phineas and Ferb, "Summer Belongs to You" soundtrack only||Reddick as Danny from Love Händel.|
|Dan Povenmire, Jeff "Swampy" Marsh, Martin Olson, and Jaret Reddick||"Robot Riot" - Demo||Original demo written for Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension||Also songwriter|
|Love Händel||"Santa Claus Is Coming to Town"||Phineas and Ferb: Holiday Favorites||Reddick as Danny from Love Händel.|
|2010–present||Jaret Reddick||Take Two with Phineas and Ferb theme||Take Two with Phineas and Ferb|
|2011||Love Händel||"Robot Riot"||Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension and soundtrack||Reddick as Danny from Love Händel; also songwriter|
- Rhymes with Vaginus (2013)
- Demo recordings released
- "18395" - 1:05
- "!@#$%" (Clean Version) - 1:14
- "The Day After Valentine's Day" - 1:40
- "Don't Be a Jerk" - 1:32
- "DVB" - 2:17
- "Farting at Staples" - 1:05
- "Happy Holidays Asshole" - 0:36
- "Happy New Year Asshole" - 1:12
- "It's Parry Gripp's Birthday!" - 0:38
- "Jarinus Kickstarter Theme" - 0:42
- "Jarinus Rhymes with Vaginus" - 1:30
- "Tweet for a Track" - 1:56
People on Vacation
- The Carry On EP (2011)
- The Summer and the Fall (2012)
- Holiday Vacation (2012)
- The Chronicles of Tim Powers (2015)
|2006||MC Lars feat. Jaret Reddick||"Download This Song"||The Graduate|
|Army of Freshmen feat. Jaret Reddick||"At the End of the Day"||Under the Radar|
|"Down at the Shore"|
|"Maybe in the Midwest"|
|"Wrinkle in Time"|
|The Lordz feat. Jaret Reddick||"Runaway"||The Brooklyn Way|
|2007||Junior feat. Jaret Reddick||"She's So Amazing"||Are We Famous Yet?||Also songwriter|
|2008||Jaret Reddick with various artists||"Endless Possibility"||Sonic Unleashed||Reddick performs lead vocals and wrote the song's lyrics.
Erik Chandler of Bowling for Soup also sings during chorus.
|MC Lars feat. Jaret Reddick||"I'm Dreaming of a Green Christmas"||The Green Christmas EP||Also songwriter|
|2009||Darlington (band) feat. Jaret Reddick||SUV & Girls + Summer = Fun!||produced, cowrote & coarranged the two singles, as well as performed guitar parts & backing vocals. Erik Chandler also performed bass parts & backing vocals & Gary Wiseman performed the drum parts.|
|RollerCoasteR feat. Jaret Reddick||"Ex Best Friend"||First Contact|
|2011||"Dallas 'til I Die"||Theme for FC Dallas|
|Marti Dodson feat. Jaret Reddick||"Sonny and Cher"||Also producer|
|2013||Bret Michaels feat. Jaret Reddick||"What I Got"||Jammin' With Friends|
|Patent Pending (band) feat. Jaret Reddick||"Classic You"||Brighter||Also Co-songwriter|
|2015||Suburban Legends||"Love Song"||Forever in the Friendzone||Co-songwriter|
with Bowling for Soup
|2011||Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension||Danny||TV movie|
|2003||Never Mind the Buzzcocks||Himself||1 episode, Series 12 - Episode 8|
|2005–present||Monstar Dad||Finn Belcher||100,1 episodes|
|2008–2013||Phineas and Ferb||Danny / Himself||3 episodes (Danny)
1 episode (Himself)
- "Bowling For Soup | Music Artist | Videos, News, Photos". MTV. September 15, 2004. Retrieved November 5, 2011.
- [dead link]
- Smith, Scott (July 28, 2011). "Bowling For Soup Interview". Maytherockbewithyou.com. Retrieved July 28, 2011.
- "BOWLING FOR SOUP". Rockonmagazine.com. June 1, 2011. Retrieved June 2, 2011.
- "Home of Oglio Entertainment >> Crappy Records". Oglio Entertainment. Retrieved May 28, 2011.
- "Facebook". Built By Ninjas. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- "Videos | Facebook". Built By Ninjas. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- Freedman, Peter (January 12, 2011). "New Local Super-ish Group People On Vacation Would Like To Introduce Itself...". Dallas Observer. Retrieved January 13, 2011.
- Freedman, Pete (January 19, 2011). "Video Premiere: People On Vacation -- "Better Off Dead"...". Dallas Observer. Retrieved January 20, 2011.
- "Albums I'm looking forward to in 2011 (and so should you)". Nightanddayfilms.com. January 2011. Retrieved January 5, 2011.
- "Introducing...People On Vacation". YouTube. January 11, 2011. Retrieved January 14, 2011.
- Branch, Keaton (January 19, 2011). "On the Horizon: People on Vacation". AudioADD.net. Retrieved January 21, 2011.
- "People on Vacation". Do512. January 25, 2011. Retrieved January 26, 2011.
- "Chuck E. Cheese being replaced with hipper image". News.yahoo.com. July 3, 2012. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town...and so are Phineas, Ferb and Their Friends with a Unique and Humorous Twist on Holiday Tunes. Prnewswire.com.
- "SEGA Blog | Sonic the Hedgehog". Blogs.sega.com. Retrieved November 5, 2011.
- "Jaret Reddick 26 June 2011 Twitter post". Twitter.com. June 26, 2011. Retrieved June 27, 2011.