September 7, 1993 |
Edmonton, AB, CAN
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||192 lb (87 kg; 13 st 10 lb)|
|NHL team||Colorado Avalanche|
|NHL Draft||11th overall, 2011
Duncan Siemens (born September 7, 1993) a Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman who is currently under contract to the Colorado Avalanche of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was raised in Sherwood Park, Alberta. He was selected 11th overall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft by the Colorado Avalanche, with the pick acquired from the St Louis Blues along with Erik Johnson and Jay McClement in exchange for a second round pick, Chris Stewart and Kevin Shattenkirk. On July 28, 2011 the Colorado Avalanche signed Siemens to a three-year deal. He was then returned to major junior team, the Saskatoon Blades in the Western Hockey League. Siemens made his NHL debut against Chicago on April 11, 2015, in the final game of the regular season.
Regular season and playoffs
|2008–09||Sherwood Park Kings||AMHL||34||5||13||18||68||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||Lake Erie Monsters||AHL||3||0||0||0||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||Lake Erie Monsters||AHL||46||1||3||4||45||—||—||—||—||—|
|2014–15||Lake Erie Monsters||AHL||54||0||6||6||57||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honours
- "Avalanche selects Duncan Siemens with No. 11 pick in NHL draft". Denver Post. 2011-06-24. Retrieved 2011-06-25.
- "Erik Johnson traded to Avalanche". ESPN. 2011-02-19. Retrieved 2013-07-03.
- "Avalanche signs Gabriel Landeskog and Duncan Siemens to three-year deals". The Globe and Mail. 2011-07-28. Retrieved 2011-07-28.
- "Duncan Siemens patterning game after Scott Stevens". National Hockey League. 2011-02-14. Retrieved 2011-02-14.
- Duncan Siemens's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Duncan Siemens's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
|Colorado Avalanche first round draft pick
|This biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|