|Look up Dvorak or Dvořák in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Dvořák or Dvorak is a common Czech surname, originally referring to a rich landowner with a manor house (Czech dvůr, cognate with Polish dwór). It is the fourth most common surname in the Czech lands.
Dvořák or Dvorak may refer to:
Dvořák or Dvorak
- Ann Dvorak (1912–1979), American film actress (stage name)
- Antonín Dvořák (1841–1904), Czech composer of Romantic music
- František Dvořák (painter), (1862-1927), Czech painter
- Josef Dvořák (born 1942), Czech actor
- Max Dvořák (1874–1921), Austrian art historian
- John C. Dvorak (born 1952), American computer industry columnist and new media personality
- Bill Dvořák (born 1958), American pioneering whitewater rafter
- Christian Dvorak, American ice hockey player
- Dusty Dvorak (born 1958), American volleyball player
- Karel Dvořák (biathlete), Czechoslovak cross-country skier
- Milan Dvořák (born 1934), Czechoslovak footballer
- Pavel Dvořák (born 1989), Czech footballer
- Radek Dvořák (born 1977), Czech NHL ice hockey player
- Tomáš Dvořák (born 1972), Czech decathlon and heptathlon athlete
- August Dvorak (1894–1975), American psychologist, co-creator of the Dvorak Simplified Keyboard
- Vernon Dvorak, American meteorologist and developer of the Dvorak technique to estimate tropical cyclone intensity
Dvorakova or Dvořáková
- Gábor Dvorschák (born 1989) a Hungarian football defender
- Leo Ferdinand Dworschak (1900–1976), the fourth Roman Catholic Bishop of Fargo
- Henry Dworshak (1894–1962), United States Senator from Idaho
- Dvorak Simplified Keyboard, an alternative to the QWERTY keyboard layout, named after August Dvorak
- Dvorak encoding, a substitution cipher based on the difference between the QWERTY and Dvorak keyboard layouts
- Dvorak (game), a customizable card game
- Dvorak technique, a subjective method of deriving cyclone intensity from satellite imagery
- Dvorak Awards for "excellence in telecommunications"
- Dworshak National Fish Hatchery, a "mitigation" hatchery
- Dworshak Dam, a hydroelectric, concrete gravity dam in Clearwater County, Idaho, United States
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Dvorak.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.