Lauren in 2011
May 9, 1974|
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Alma mater||Duke University|
|Employer||Dylan's Candy Bar|
|Title||Owner and President of Dylan's Candy Bar|
Paul Arrouet (m. 2011)
|Relatives||David Lauren (brother)|
Dylan Lauren (born May 9, 1974) is an American entrepreneur. She is the daughter of American fashion designer Ralph Lauren, and the owner of New York City's Dylan's Candy Bar, which claims to be the "largest candy store in the world".
Early life and education
Dylan was born in New York City, New York, the daughter of Ricky Ann Low-Beer and Ralph Lauren. Her father was the son of Jewish Belarusian immigrants; her mother was the daughter of a Jewish father and an Austrian Catholic mother, both immigrants from Austria. Dylan is the youngest of three children. She has two older brothers: businessman David Lauren and filmmaker Andrew Lauren.
She attended the Dalton School in New York City and graduated from Duke University in 1996, where she studied art history. She was a member of the Beta Rho Chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta (Theta) at Duke.
Dylan founded Dylan's Candy Bar in 2001. She was inspired by seeing Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory on her sixth birthday. She was named one of the Top 25 Most Stylish New Yorkers by US Weekly in 2007. Her favorite designers include Ralph Lauren, Alice and Olivia, and 7 For All Mankind.
Lauren and longtime boyfriend hedge fund manager Paul Arrouet married in June 2011. The ceremony was held in Bedford, New York at the Lauren family estate, and she wore a bridal gown of her father's design. On April 13, 2015, Dylan and her husband welcomed fraternal twins, Cooper Blue and Kingsley Rainbow Arrouet, via surrogate.
- "Super Size Me: Dylan's Candy Bar Gets Bigger". StyleFile.com, The Online Home of Vogue. 2008-10-28. Retrieved 2009-04-04.
- Mary Lisa Gavenas (2009-06-08). The Fairchild Encyclopedia of Menswear. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- Michael Gross (2004-01-20). Genuine Authentic: The Real Life of Ralph Lauren. Books.google.com. p. 93. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- Bloom, Nate. "Interfaith Celebrities: Fall TV Preview, The Emmys and the Laure". InterfaithFamily.com. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- Dylan's Candy Bar website: "History of Dylan's Candy Bar" retrieved June 29, 2012
- "ABC Announces Expert Mentors and Young Judges Appearing on Upcoming Toy-Competition Series 'The Toy Box,' Premiering Friday, April 7" (Press release). ABC. January 4, 2017. Retrieved April 7, 2017.
- Dylan Lauren and Paul Arrouet The New York Times, June 10, 2011
- Dylan Lauren welcomes twins People.com