|Founded||2009 in London, England|
|Founders||Geoff Watts, Julia Fowler|
Number of locations
|London, New York City, San Francisco|
Number of employees
EDITED (formerly EDITD) is a retail technology company headquartered in London, England, with offices in New York and San Francisco. The company produces a real-time data analytics software of the same name intended for apparel brands and retailers to monitor the apparel retail market worldwide. Its software is primarily used by apparel buyers, traders and merchandisers.
EDITED uses web crawlers and Artificial Intelligence techniques such as Computer Vision to collect the product and commercial data generated by the online apparel industry and lets users analyze that data in order to gain competitive insights. Some key components of the software are its ability to display product metrics for apparel products currently on the market, including items’ pricing and sell out rates. In addition, EDITED software lets its users evaluate competitor assortment and industry-wide trend trajectories. Data can help retailers decide which items to discount.
In 2012, The company was featured in The Guardian’s list of ‘East London’s 20 Hottest Tech Startups’. In April, 2015 it was included on Business Insider’s list of ‘25 Companies That Are Revolutionizing Retail’. The company also placed third in Fast Company’s 2014 list of ‘The World’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Style’.
- Cook, James. "The 14 coolest fashion startups in London". Business Insider. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- Noyes, Katherine. "What's on trend this season for the fashion industry? Big data". Fortune. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- Sedghi, Ami. "Editd, using big data to shape and create high street trends". The Guardian. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- Groth, Aimee. "The "Bloomberg terminal for fashion" tells retailers exactly what consumers want in real-time". Quartz. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- Banks, Libby. "How to Tell the Fashion Future?". The New York Times. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- Bradley, Laura. "If You See These Clothes for Sale on Black Friday, It's Because They're About to Be Uncool". Slate. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- Gibbs, Samuel. "Editd aims to spot the trends the fashion world doesn't". The Guardian. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "EDITD Funding Rounds". CrunchBase. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- Silver, James. "East London's 20 hottest tech startups". The Guardian.
- Lutz, Ashley; Peterson, Hayley. "25 companies that are revolutionizing retail". Business Insider. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "THE WORLD'S TOP 10 MOST INNOVATIVE COMPANIES IN STYLE". Fast Company. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Winners 2017 | Tech awards Retail Week". techawards.retail-week.com. Retrieved 2018-10-06.