École Mohammadia d'ingénieurs
|المدرسة المحمدية للمهندسين|
|Motto||Science and Engineering|
|Type||Public School of Engineering|
|Chairman||Pr. M. Larbi ABIDI|
|Students||500 (FTE, 2013)|
The Mohammadia School of engineering (Arabic: المدرسة المحمدية للمهندسين; abbreviated EMI) is the first and the best School of Engineering in Morocco. EMI was founded in 1959 by the King Mohammed V as Morocco's first polytechnic, it's the largest institution of higher education in technology and one of the leading technical schools in Morocco.
EMI became in 1981 under the order of the king Hassan II the first school combining academic and military education. Following the establishment of polytechnical schools in many European countries the early years of the 19th century, often based on the model of École Polytechnique in Paris in 1794.
- First Computer in Morocco as a gift from the king Baudoin of the Belgians to EMI.
- First Internet node in Morocco introduced by EMI.
- First School to introduce in 2003 the Internet country code top-level domain ".ma".
- First School introducing the Electrical Engineering 's bachelor's degree.
After three years of academic studies and military training the students have to take an oath in front of his majesty the King of Morocco in order to get the 'Grandes Ecoles d'ingénieurs' degree,a Bac+5 in the French education System, and the equivalent of a master's degree . In the military side the students graduate as reserve Officers.The school consists of nine departments :
* Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Industrial Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Mineral Engineering
- Department of Modelling and Scientific Computing
- Department of Networks & Telecommunications
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mohammadia Engineering School.|