Early Day Miners
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Early Day Miners|
|Origin||Bloomington, Indiana, United States|
Burnt Toast Vinyl
|Associated acts||Ativin, Panapoly Academy Horace Pinker|
|Past members||Joseph Brumley
Early Day Miners (which was shortened to EDM in 2011) are a band from southern Indiana, United States who released records on the Bloomington, Indiana based label Secretly Canadian. As of 2009, the band had released seven full-length records.
Early Day Miners started as a 'musical-cooperative' based in Bloomington, Indiana. The group formed when Daniel Burton and Rory Leitch (both of Ativin) began playing on front porches and basements with their mutual friend Joe Brumley. Early Day Miners incorporate a revolving cast of accompanying musicians (many of whom are friends) for both live shows and recordings. Their first CD Placer Found was released April 2000 on Western Vinyl.
- In 2013 Early Day Miners' (EDM) song "Milking The Moon" from Night People was featured on Showtime series Shameless. Season 3, Episode 10.
- July 2011 saw the release of their seventh full-length album entitled Night People.
- September 2009 Early Day Miners released their sixth full-length album on Secretly Canadian entitled The Treatment.
- In 2006 Early Day Miners toured with band Wilco.
- Early Day Miners have toured extensively through EU and United States.
- Early Day Miners' music was featured in the soundtrack to the NBC series Quarterlife.
- 2000: Placer Found (Western Vinyl)
- 2002: Let Us Garlands Bring (Secretly Canadian)
- 2003: Jefferson At Rest (Secretly Canadian)
- 2003: Sonograph EP (Acuarela)
- 2005: All Harm Ends Here (Secretly Canadian)
- 2006: Offshore (Secretly Canadian)
- 2009: The Treatment (Secretly Canadian)
- 2011: Night People (Western Vinyl)
- Singles and split releases
- Compilation appearances