East Cleveland City Schools
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The district was known for mismanagement of finances; around 2000 the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Internal Revenue Service had suspicions that criminal activity had occurred in the district.
The district was placed in fiscal emergency and had a Fiscal Oversight Commission, but this designation was removed several years ago.
Shaw High Schools Marching Cardinals Band has won numerous awards and has travelled to China. Career/Tech education is a major strength. Shaw High School offers Advanced Placement Environmental Science and other AP courses.
- Heritage Middle School (East Cleveland)(Former Kirk Junior High School)
- Caledonia Elementary School (Cleveland Heights)
- Chambers Elementary School (East Cleveland)
- Mayfair Elementary School (East Cleveland)
- Prospect Elementary School (East Cleveland)
- Superior Elementary School (East Cleveland)
All elementary schools and Heritage Middle Schools have new STEM labs as of the 2014-2015 school year. All school have band instruction. In the elementary schools, this starts at the 5th grade. Chambers Elementary School has a Gifted & Talented program, offers both Spanish and Chinese instruction, and has a Suzuki Violin program. Both Superior Elementary and Chambers Elementary have gardens.
- Rozelle Elementary School (East Cleveland)
- Trickey, Erick (2001-02-08). "Welcome to East Cleveland". Cleveland Scene. New Times. p. 1. Archived from the original on 2004-05-21. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- "School Bell Vol. 20, No. 1." East Cleveland School District. Retrieved on March 7, 2009.
- "School Bell Vol. 9, No. 1." East Cleveland School District. Retrieved on March 7, 2009.