East Union Township, Wayne County, Ohio
|East Union Township, Wayne County, Ohio|
Location of East Union Township in Wayne County
|• Total||35.6 sq mi (92.2 km2)|
|• Land||35.6 sq mi (92.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,158 ft (353 m)|
|• Density||183.4/sq mi (70.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087154|
East Union Township is one of the sixteen townships of Wayne County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 6,527 people in the township, 5,528 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the central part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Green Township - north
- Baughman Township - northeast corner
- Sugar Creek Township - east
- Paint Township - southeast corner
- Salt Creek Township - south
- Franklin Township - southwest
- Wooster Township - west
- Wayne Township - northwest corner
The village of Apple Creek is located in southern East Union Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. As of 2007, the members of the board were Louis Amicangelo, Dan Hodge, and Kevin Gray, and the fiscal officer was Valorie Lewis.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Wayne County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- History of Wayne County, Ohio. B.F. Bowen. 1910. p. 375.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- East Union Township Board of Trustees, East Union Township, 2007. Accessed 2007-07-24.