Eat Me Raw
|Eat Me Raw|
Christofer Drew; Hayden Kaiser; Taylor Macfee
|Origin||Joplin, Missouri, U.S.|
|Associated acts||Never Shout Never, The Modern Racket, GONZO|
Eat Me Raw (formerly Eatmewhileimhot!) is an American experimental band, formed in Joplin, Missouri in 2008. The band has released two albums and one extended play. The band is best known for performing as the indie rock band, Never Shout Never.
In 2008, members of the indie rock band Never Shout Never formed a post-hardcore side project called EatMeWhileImHot!. The project originally started as a joke, but soon developed into a serious band. Songs like CoughKidCough, IBeatGirlsAtSports, and IHitASquirrelItChangedMyLife were released on MySpace. As the songs were released the band got more and more popular, and the members began to take it seriously. During this time, the band also changed their name to Mister Owl.
The group released their debut extended play, All My Friends, on July 7, 2009 as Mister Owl. The song "The Point" was released as a single on 200 limited edition CD-Rs on Never Shout Never's tour with the band, Hellogoodbye. To support their new EP, the group started to perform shows as Mister Owl in the winter of 2009. The song, "xBURRITOx" was released as a digital single on December 11.
The band name was changed from Mister Owl to Eatmewhileimhot! when Tootsie Roll Industries threatened a lawsuit. With their new name, the band began to record their debut album. xALBUMx was released on July 26, 2010. 300 limited editions physical editions of the album were released through an online preorder. The album received mostly negative reviews from critics, but still charted 46th on the Billboard Heatseeker Albums chart. The non-album single, "Get Up and Die" was digitally released on January 4, 2011. After the release of the album, the band went on an unofficial hiatus to work on Never Shout Never's Time Travel.
Eatmewhileimhot returned at the end of 2011 with the single, "Damn Straight". The exclamation point in the band name was dropped. Caleb Denison left the band to focus on his solo career. On March 2, 2012 their second album, Mushroom, was released. The album features an extreme metal sound rather than the experimental punk genres the band employed on every other release.. It received mostly negative reviews and did not chart. Four music videos were filmed for the album's songs.
The band later changed their name to Eat Me Raw and are currently in the process of writing an album called 'Mucus'.
- Christofer Drew – vocals, guitar, percussion, programming (2008–present)
- Taylor MacFee– bass, backing vocals
- Hayden Kaiser – guitars, drums, backing vocals (2008–present)
- Caleb Denison - drums (2010–2011), guitars (2008–2010)
- Nathan Elison - drums (2008–2010)
- Dustin Dobernig - keyboards, synthesizers (2008–2009)
- All My Friends (2009)
- Untitled (2017)
- Take Action, Vol. 9 (2010)
- Riggs, Mike (November 7, 2008). "EATMEWHILEIMHOT!". Washington City Paper. Washington City Paper. Archived from the original on June 4, 2016. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- http://allmusic.com/artist/Eatmewhileimhot!. Retrieved October 6, 2012. Missing or empty
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-04-14. Retrieved 2012-04-13.
- "NeverShoutNever Interview | Recycled Youth Album | Eat Me Raw Mucus? | Christmas EP". YouTube. 2013-12-23. Retrieved 2016-12-19.