|• Mayor||Béatrice Bulteau (EC.PLUS)|
|• Governing party/ies||EC.PLUS, ACE|
|• Total||34.77 km2 (13.42 sq mi)|
|Population (1 January 2016)|
|• Density||310/km2 (810/sq mi)|
|Postal codes||7190, 7191|
Écaussinnes is a Walloon municipality located in the Belgian province of Hainaut. On January 1, 2006, Écaussinnes had a total population of 9,924. The total area is 34.77 km² which gives a population density of 285 inhabitants per km².
The municipality consists of the following sub-municipalities: Écaussinnes-d'Enghien, Marche-lez-Écaussinnes, and Écaussinnes-Lalaing.
The city hosts the "Oberbayern" Festival each year in August, and hosted the Spring Blues Festival from 1988 to 2013.
To be expanded
Nearly 100 local citizens were saved from being killed by the German army by the intercession of Qian Xiuling. There is a street named Rue Perlinghi in her honour. "Perlinghi" was her married name.
The ECAUSSINES post-office opened on 1 December 1850, It used a postal code 158 with bars (before 1864), and 105 with points before 1874. The ECAUSSINES-D'ENGHIEN post-office opened on 13 November 1879, MARCHE-LEZ-ECAUSSINES on 10 May 1880.
Postal codes in 1969: - 7180 Marche-lez-Écaussinnes - 7190 Écaussinnes-d'Enghien - 7191 Écaussinnes-Lalaing
Postal codes since at least 1990: 7190, 7191 Écaussinnes-Lalaing
- Population per municipality as of 1 January 2016 (XLS; 397 KB)
- Map stamps claim over islands, China Daily, Liao Liqiang,. 27 October 2012, retrieved 1 April 2015
- Catalogue Spécialisé des Oblitérations Belges, 1849-1910, Nationale en Internationale Postzegelmanifestaties Antwerpen (NIPA), Antwerp, 1999.
- Liste des Numéros Postaux, Administration des Postes, Bruxelles 1969.
- Media related to Écaussinnes at Wikimedia Commons
|This Hainaut province location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|