|Born||Mark Arnold Krinsky
October 25, 1954
Brooklyn, New York, United States
|Other names||Mark Arnold
|Known for||Dirty Debutantes
Bus Stop Tales
Ed Powers (born Mark Arnold Krinsky; October 25, 1954) is an American production company owner of Ed Powers Productions, pornographic film director, pornographic film producer, hardcore pornographic film actor, and radio talk show host. Powers was born in Brooklyn, New York. He is best known for his Dirty Debutantes series, which features amateur female performers, some never having appeared in adult films before, performing masturbation, sex with male performers, and lesbian scenes.
The Dirty Debutantes series has introduced many new actresses like Nadia Nyce and helped those already in the business get noticed. Jamie Gillis was initially a co-producer on the series. Marylin Star's first film was More Dirty Debutantes 30, released in 1994. Leanni Lei's first movie was in 1997 for Powers. She had been inspired to become a pornstar after watching a film starring Mimi Miyagi, who also made her debut with Powers. Aurora Snow's first film was More Dirty Debutantes 152. He filmed the debut of Lacey Duvalle in More Black Dirty Debutantes 27, as well as twice filming scenes with former Family Matters child star Jaimee Foxworth (as Crave). In 2001 Sunrise Adams made her debut in More Dirty Debutantes 186. She later referred to the experience of making the film as "nothing I want to remember".
Katie Morgan's first scene was in Dirty Debutantes 197. Lisa Sparxxx made her film debut in Dirtier Debutants #4 in 2003. Angelica Costello also made her debut in the series. Felix Vicious made her debut in More Dirty Debutantes 225. Audrey Hollander's first scene was in More Dirty Debutantes 268. In 2005, HIV positive adult actress Brooke Ashley returned to the adult industry in Dirty Debutantes 328. She was filmed having sex with her boyfriend Eddie Wood, who is also HIV positive.
Radio talk show host
Powers hosted a late-night weekend radio talk show in Los Angeles, California, known as Bedtime Stories on 97.1 KLSX, and or KSEX, in which various guests connected with sex in some way, such as swingers, prostitutes, porn stars, etc. appear to talk about sex with Ed, followed by listener call-in segment. His co-host was a young Latina woman named Elizabeth who had performed in a number Powers' adult films under the pseudonym Bonita. Guests included Bridget Powers. The radio show was rated number one in its time slot. He also appeared in California based pro wrestling promotion, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla to support wrestlers Top Gun Talwar and Hook Bomberry.
- 1996 AVN Award – 'Reuben Sturman Memorial Award' for Ed Powers.
- 1998 XRCO Award – 'XRCO Hall of Fame'
- 2001 AVN Award – 'Reuben Sturman Memorial Award' for Ed Powers Productions.
- 2003 AVN Award – 'Best Pro-Am or Amateur Series' for The Real Naturals by Ed Powers Productions
- Star, Marc (December 1, 2005). "AVN Reviews: Dirty Debutantes 2005 327 & 328". AVN.
- Videotramp.com Retrieved 2014-08-04
- "Leanni Lei Interview", by Roger T. Pipe, on the set of a Mimi Miyagi film, June 1999. Retrieved 2007-11-19.
- Rampell, Ed (July 1, 2001). "Mimi Miyagi, P.I. (Philippine Islander, That Is)". AVN Online. Retrieved 2007-03-28.
- Rog (July 2001). "Aurora Snow Interview (July 2001)". Rogreviews. Retrieved 2007-03-30.
- Review of Babes in Pornland No. 02 Teen Babes, mentioning behind-the-scenes interview with Adams
- Roger T. Pipe (January 2003). "Katie Morgan Interview". rogreviews.com. Retrieved 2007-07-02.
- Rog (January 2005). "Lisa Sparxxx Interview". rogreview.com. Retrieved 2007-05-12.
- Nancy O'Hara (January 1, 2005). "Innerviews–Venus". AVN. Archived from the original on August 23, 2008. Retrieved 2007-12-04.
- "Fresh Flesh: Felix Vicious". AVN. August 2, 2002. Archived from the original on April 6, 2007. Retrieved 2007-07-05.
- Mike Ramone (April 21, 2004). "Fresh Flesh: Audrey Hollander and Otto Bauer". AVN. Archived from the original on April 6, 2007. Retrieved 2008-08-04.
- Kernes, Mark (August 11, 2005). "Powers Shoots HIV-Positive, Hetero Scene". AVN.
- Jeannette Catsoulis (April 17, 2009). "He Might Lack a Ticker, but He’s Still a Time Bomb". The New York Times.
- "AVN AWARDS PAST WINNERS". AVN. Retrieved 2009-03-07.
- XRCO Hall of Fame
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ed Powers.|