|Alma mater||University of Pittsburgh|
|Notable awards||PEN/Voelcker Award for Poetry|
Ed Roberson (born 1939) is an American poet.
Roberson was born and raised in Pittsburgh and graduated from the University of Pittsburgh in 1970, and later completed graduate work at Goddard College. He then served as a faculty member in the Department of English at the University of Pittsburgh and at Rutgers University until 2002. Since 2007, he has been a visiting writer and artist in Residence at the Northwestern University School of Professional Studies and has also taught at the University of Chicago and Columbia College. He is Artist-in-Residence at Northwestern University.
- 2020 Jackson Poetry Prize from Poets & Writers
- 2017 Academy of American Poets Fellowship
- 2016 PEN/Voelcker Award for Poetry
- 2008 Shelley Memorial Award
- 1998 National Poetry Series, for Atmosphere Conditions chosen by Nathaniel Mackey
- Iowa Poetry Prize for Voices Cast Out to Talk Us In
- LA Times Book Award
- Stephen Henderson Critics Award for Achievement in Literature
- Lila Wallace-Reader's Digest Writers' Award
- Lenore Marshall Award finalist, Academy of American Poets’
- "From: Picking Up the Tune, the Universe and Planets", Electronic Poetry Center
- "VI. Cape Journal: At Sand Pile", Electronic Poetry Center
- Closest Pronunciation: Poems. Northwestern University Press. 31 January 2013. ISBN 978-0-8101-2892-7.
- To See the Earth Before the End of the World. Wesleyan University Press. 2010. ISBN 978-0-8195-6950-9.
- City Eclogue. Atelos. 2006. ISBN 978-1-891190-23-0.
- Atmosphere conditions. Sun & Moon Press. 2000. ISBN 978-1-55713-392-2.
- Voices cast out to talk us in: poems. University of Iowa Press. 1995. ISBN 978-0-87745-510-3.
- Etai-eken. University of Pittsburgh Press. 1975. ISBN 978-0-8229-5263-3.
- When thy king is a boy: poems. University of Pittsburgh Press. 1970.
- Melissa Tuckey, ed. (2018). Ghost Fishing: An Eco-Justice Poetry Anthology. University of Georgia Press. ISBN 978-0820353159.
- Lyn Hejinian; David Lehman, eds. (2004). "Ideas Gray Suits Bowler Hats Baal". The Best American Poetry 2004. Simon and Schuster. ISBN 978-0-7432-5757-2.
- Leonard Schwartz; Joseph Donahue; Edward Halsey Foster, eds. (1996). Primary trouble: an anthology of contemporary American poetry. Talisman House. ISBN 978-1-883689-29-2.
- Blake, Sharon S. (2012-01-23). "Pitt Celebrates Black History Month With World Premiere Screening of Thaddeus Mosley: Sculptor". Pitt Chronicle. Pittsburgh, PA: University of Pittsburgh. Retrieved 2012-01-25. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Ed Roberson". Poets.org. Retrieved 2012-01-25. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-11-29. Retrieved 2009-06-30. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Maggie Galehouse (March 1, 2016). "PEN Literary Award winners announced". Chron. Retrieved March 2, 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "2016 PEN Literary Award Winners". PEN. March 1, 2016. Retrieved March 2, 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)