Edward Boches in 2010
|Occupation||professor, creative director, brand consultant|
Edward Boches is an American professor at Boston University’s College of Communication where he has taught advertising and creative courses since 2012. Previously he was a partner, chief innovation officer, chief creative officer and executive creative director at the ad agency Mullen, where he worked for 31 years.
Boches joined Mullen in 1983 as a vice president/account director and director of public relations. He launched the agency's PR practice and shortly afterward joined the creative department. During his tenure at the agency he created campaigns for brands that included General Motors, Panera Bread, Lending Tree, Smartfood Popcorn, LL Bean, and Monster.com, including the job board's When I Grow Up Super Bowl commercial. His campaigns were recognized by international, national and regional creative awards including Cannes, the One Show, New York Art Directors, the Clio Awards and Hatch, where he won Best of Show in 1990. In 1990 he was named print copywriter of the year by AdWeek.
He was an early industry advocate for the use of Twitter and social media. encouraging the use of new platforms long before they were popular. In 2011, he created "Brand Bowl", which used Twitter to monitor and measure reaction to Super Bowl advertising.
Boches left the agency in 2014, having worked his last two years part-time in order to transition into his career as a professor.
2016, Hey Whipple, Squeeze This,  co-authored with original author Luke Sullivan.
- Boston University College of Communication Faculty
- New York Times, News from the Advertising Industry
- AdWeek Mullen Ups Boches to ECD
- AdWeek New Roles for Wenneker, Boches
- Advertisers at Work by Tracy Tuten
- Ad Age: Monster.com Best of Show
- Boston Globe: Rising Stars in Boston Ad Wars
- Communication Arts: The World has Changed
- AdWeek: What Twitter Can Do for You
- David Meerman Scott: The New Rules of Marketing and PR
- New York Times For Super Bowl Ads, No Standout Performer
- Fast Company: Most Innovative Marketing Companies
- "Hey Whipple, Squeeze This: The Classic Guide to Creating Great Ads, 5th Edition". Retrieved January 20, 2016.