Former townhall in 2010
The village (dark red) and the statistical district (light green) of Eelde in the municipality of Tynaarlo.
|Eelde-Paterswolde ca. 11,000|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Eelde (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈeːldə]) is a town in the Dutch province of Drenthe. It is a part of the municipality of Tynaarlo, and lies about 9 km south of Groningen. Groningen Airport Eelde is located near the village.
During the 20th century, the villages of Eelde and Paterswolde have merged into one, "Eelde-Paterswolde". In 2012, Eelde counted 6,660 inhabitants, and Paterswolde 3,680, together 10,340 inhabitants.
Its major attractions are Groningen Airport Eelde, museum "De Buitenplaats", the annual flower parade and the lake "Paterswoldse meer".
- Ad van der Meer and Onno Boonstra, "Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten", KNAW, 2006. 
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS) 
- Eelde (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5U5sBFeetA), een lied van George Welling
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Eelde". Map of the former municipality in 1868.
- Media related to Eelde at Wikimedia Commons
|This Drenthe location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|