|Born||May 7, 1991 (age 27)|
|Height||162 cm (5 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||58 kg (128 lb)|
Élise Pellegrin (born May 7, 1991) is a Maltese-French alpine skier who has competed since 2006. Pellegrin was born in Blois, France, and qualified to compete for Malta at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, becoming the first Winter Olympian to represent the country. Although Pellegrin was born in France, her great-grandfather had moved to France from Malta, which gave her the opportunity to compete for the country. Pellegrin was also the flagbearer for Malta at the opening ceremony.
In the giant slalom, Pellegrin completed the first run in 1:36.85 to finish 72nd from 88 starters. In the second run, she recorded a slightly faster time of 1:36.27 for an aggregate time of 3:13.12 that enabled her to climb up the rankings and finish 65th of the 67 skiers who completed both runs.
In her preferred discipline, the slalom, Pellegrin completed the opening run in 1:07.10 to finish 52nd from 86 starters. She then showed a remarkable improvement in her second run, completing the course in 1:02.73 for an overall 2:09.83. This lifted her in the final standings to 42nd out of 49 skiers who completed both runs.
- Elise Pellegrin FIS Biography
- "Young skier to compete for Malta in next Alpine Ski World Cup". Malta Today. 30 January 2013. Retrieved 11 January 2014.
- Ameen, Juan (31 January 2013). "Malta gets a Winter Olympian". The Times (Malta). Retrieved 5 January 2014.
- Thiriau, Clément (30 December 2013). "Une skieuse vosgienne aux JO sous les couleurs de... Malte !". magnumlaradio.com (in French). Retrieved 5 January 2014.
- La Nouvelle République: Pellegrin, de Blois à Sotchi en passant par Malte 07/02/2014 05:46 "Née à Blois il y a un vingt et un ans, Élise Pellegrin défilera cet après-midi lors de la cérémonie d’ouverture des JO d’hiver. Drapeau maltais en mains."
- Camilleri, Valhmor (19 February 2014). "Pellegrin 65th in giant slalom". The Times (Malta). Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- "Improving Pellegrin fares better in slalom race". The Times (Malta). 22 February 2014. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
- "Sochi 2014: Women's slalom results". BBC. Retrieved 1 March 2014.
|This biographical article relating to Malta winter sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to alpine skiing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|