Pataky at the 2008 Cannes Film Festival
Elsa Lafuente Medianu
18 July 1976
|Residence||Byron Bay, New South Wales, Australia|
|Occupation||Model, actress, film producer|
|Height||1.61 m (5 ft 3 in)|
Chris Hemsworth (m. 2010)
Elsa Lafuente Medianu (born 18 July 1976), known professionally as Elsa Pataky, is a Spanish model, actress, and film producer. Pataky is known for her role as Elena Neves in The Fast and the Furious franchise. She has appeared in the films Snakes on a Plane (2006), Giallo (2009) and Give 'Em Hell, Malone (2009). She also starred in the Spanish film Di Di Hollywood in 2010.
Pataky was born Elsa Lafuente Medianu in Madrid, Spain, the daughter of José Francisco Lafuente, a Spanish biochemist, and Cristina Medianu Pataky, a publicist of Romanian and Hungarian ancestry. She has a younger half-brother: Cristian Prieto Medianu, a cinematographic director. She uses the name 'Elsa Pataky' from her maternal grandmother: Rosa Pataky.
Pataky was a member of the Madrid theatre company Teatro Cámara de Ángel Gutiérrez. Eventually, she left school when she was cast in the television series Al salir de clase. Some of her subsequent films were co-productions with the UK and France, which introduced her to working in English and French. She was in the cast of the television series Queen of Swords (2000) as Señora Vera Hidalgo, trophy wife of Gaspar Hidalgo and mistress of Captain Grisham, credited in the opening titles but appearing in only 14 of the 22 episodes. She also had a recurring role in the television series Los Serrano, playing teacher Raquel, who fell in love with her student Marcos (Fran Perea).
Pataky has appeared in over 10 Spanish films and co-starred in the French film Iznogoud (2004). She was also on the cover of August 2006 issue of Maxim. She was cast in 2009 in the Mexican series Mujeres Asesinas as Paula Moncada in the episode "Ana y Paula, Ultrajadas". She also starred in the action noir film Give 'Em Hell, Malone and Dario Argento's Giallo.
Pataky became the female face for the first collection of Time Force's jewelry line Ultimate Jewel, opposite football star Cristiano Ronaldo. She played Officer Elena Neves in the movie Fast Five, with Dwayne Johnson as her partner, Luke Hobbs. MTV Networks' NextMovie.com named her one of the Breakout Stars to Watch for in 2011. Pataky was a stand in for Natalie Portman in the post end credit scene in Thor: The Dark World.
She reprised her role as Elena Neves in Fast & Furious 6 (2013), Furious 7 (2015), and The Fate of the Furious (2017), the respective sixth, seventh, and eighth installments of The Fast and the Furious film series.
She started dating American actor Adrien Brody in 2006. For Pataky's 31st birthday in July 2007, Brody purchased her a 19th-century estate in New York. Pataky and Brody were featured at their New York home in a 35-page spread for HELLO! magazine in October 2008. The pair broke up in 2009.
She then started dating Australian actor Chris Hemsworth in early 2010, after meeting through their mutual representatives. Pataky and Hemsworth married over the Christmas holidays in 2010. They have 3 children: a daughter born in May 2012, and twin sons born in March 2014.
In September 2012, Pataky won €310,000 in Spain's Supreme Court against publishing group Ediciones Zeta. In March 2007, Interviu magazine, owned by the Zeta, published topless photos of Pataky that had been taken with a long lens while Pataky was changing clothes during a photoshoot for Elle magazine. The Zeta group said it would appeal the decision.
|1997||Solo en la buhardilla||Chica revista||Short film|
|2000||The Art of Dying||Candela|||
|Less Is More||Diana|||
|2001||Don't Tempt Me||Waitress in Hell|
|Twelfth Night||Marta Cuspineda|||
|2002||Peor imposible ¿qué puede fallar?||Fátima|||
|2003||Beyond Re-Animator||Laura Olney|
|Atraco a las 3... y media||Katya|||
|2004||Romasanta: The Werewolf Hunt||Barbara|
|Tiovivo c. 1950||Balbina|
|Arquitectura efímera deconstruida||Vídeo 'Retorciendo palabras'||Direct-to-video|
|2006||Snakes on a Plane||Maria|
|2007||Manual of Love 2||Cecilia|
|Skate or Die||Dany|
|Give 'Em Hell, Malone||Evelyn|
|2010||Mr. Nice||Ilza Kadegis|
|Di Di Hollywood||Di Di|
|2011||La importancia de llamarse Enesto||Short film|
|Fast Five||Elena Neves|
|Where the Road Meets the Sun||Michelle|||
|Snowflake, the White Gorilla||Bruja del Norte||aka Copito de nieve|
|2013||All Things to All Men||Sophia Peters|
|Fast & Furious 6||Elena Neves|
|The Wine of Summer||Veronica||Also producer|
|Thor: The Dark World||Jane Foster||Uncredited cameo: Stand-in for Natalie Portman|
|2015||Furious 7||Elena Neves|
|2017||The Fate of the Furious||Elena Neves|||
|2017||Thor Ragnarok||Sakaaran Nurse||Uncredited cameo|
|2018||12 Strong||Jean Nelson|
|1997||Al salir de clase||Raquel Alonso||192 episodes|
|1998||Tio Willy||1 episode|
|La vida en el aire||13 episodes|
|2000||Hospital Central||Maribel||2 episodes|
|Queen of Swords||Vera Hidalgo||14 episodes|
|Paraíso||Luisa||Episode: "El cebo"|
|2003||7 vidas||Cristina||Episode: "La jaula de las locas"|
|Los Serrano||Raquel Albaladejo||11 episodes|
|2005||Films to Keep You Awake: The Christmas Tale||Ekran||TV movie|
|2009||Mujeres asesinas||Paula Moncada||Episode: "Ana y Paula, ultrajadas"|
- "Elsa Pataky". All Movie Guide. Archived from the original on 5 April 2015. Retrieved 13 June 2012 – via The New York Times.
- "Elsa Pataky Biography". Yahoo! Movies. Archived from the original on 29 June 2011.
- "Elsa Pataky". Vogue Italia. Retrieved 21 June 2010.
- "Blog Alumni CEU: Elsa Pataky y Ana Pastor". Universidad de San Pablo CEU. Retrieved 13 February 2018.
- "Elsa Pataky Biografia". Elsapataky.com. 15 October 2010. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- "Elsa Pataki presented Time Force jewelry collection". Be Global Fashion Network. 6 December 2011. Retrieved 26 April 2011.
- Evry, Max (5 January 2011). "25 Breakout Stars to Watch for in 2011". Next Movie. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- Lee, Esther (3 December 2013). "Natalie Portman: Chris Hemsworth's Wife Elsa Pataky Was Stand-In". Us Weekly. Retrieved 13 February 2018.
- "Djimon Hounsou Joins Fast & Furious 7". Empire. 12 September 2013. Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- "The 19th century New York castle romantic film star Adrien Brody bought his fairytale princess". Daily Mail. 7 October 2008. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- "Adrien and Spanish love Elsa share their 'dream castle' with Hello!". Hello!. 7 October 2008. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- Marcy (16 May 2009). "Adrien Brody's Girlfriend leaves him for Olivier Martinez". Zimbio. Archived from the original on 26 June 2012. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- Jordan, Julie (28 December 2010). "Thor Star Chris Hemsworth Gets Married". People. Retrieved 28 December 2012.
- Macaluso, Beth Anne (12 May 2012). "Chris Hemsworth's Wife Elsa Pataky Gives Birth to Daughter India!". US Weekly. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- Pataky, Elsa. "Cómo he preparado la llegada de los bebés". Glamour (in Spanish). Retrieved 25 March 2014.
- Nudd, Tim; Jordan, Julie (21 March 2014). "Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Welcome Twin Sons". People. Archived from the original on 21 March 2014. Retrieved 21 March 2014.
- Govan, Fiona (18 September 2012). "Spanish actress Elsa Pataky wins topless photo case". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 12 August 2014.
- "Films". ElsaPataky.com. Retrieved 13 June 2012.
- "Paths That Cross in Los Angeles". The New York Times. 28 July 2011. Retrieved 8 July 2013.
- "Elsa Pataky regresa la gran pantalla con Fast & Furious 8". abc.es. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- "The Christmas Tale (2005)". Film Reel Reviews. 10 December 2010. Archived from the original on 8 July 2013. Retrieved 8 July 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Elsa Pataky.|