1 March 1979
|Occupation||Comedian, writer, singer, television and radio personality|
Emelia Rusciano (born 1 March 1979) is an Australian comedian, singer, and radio presenter.
In 2009, Rusciano left the 92.9 breakfast show in Perth after four years and returned to Melbourne. From August 2012 to May 2013, she co-hosted the radio show Mamamia Today with Dave Thornton on the Today Network.
In 2016, Rusciano toured Australia with her stand-up comedy show, Em Rusciano Is Not a Diva.
Rusciano published her memoir Try Hard: Tales from the Life of a Needy Overachiever on 26 October 2016.
Following poor ratings, with a 2.9% audience share being recorded in surveys, it was announced that Harley Breen would depart the show in November 2017 and be replaced with Ed Kavalee and Grant Denyer; the show was re-titled 2DAYFM Breakfast with Em, Grant & Ed. This prompted a small rise in ratings, however by August 2018 ratings had again fallen to 3.3%.
In September 2018 Rusciano announced she was leaving the show, stating she decided to leave due to her pregnancy. Rusciano admitted her time at 2Day FM was a "mixed bag", and that she was difficult to work with.
Rusciano is to married Scott Barrow and has two daughters. She lives in Melbourne. On 6 August 2018, she announced she is pregnant, expecting a son.
- Miller, Megan (14 April 2013). "From track to radio to comedy – Em Rusciano is the accidential star". Herald Sun. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- Blake, Elissa (20 November 2014). "Em Rusciano's Divorce, the Musical! comes from the heart". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- Pepper, Daile (26 November 2009). "Breakfast radio diva Em quits 92.9". WAtoday. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- "Mamamia is yesterday on radio Today". The Daily Telegraph. 21 May 2013. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- Taylor, Belle (20 January 2016). "Fringe World: Comedian Em Rusciano's quirk-life balance". Perth Now. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "Em Rusciano Returns". Radio Today. Retrieved 18 June 2016.
- Cahill, Mikey (21 October 2016). "Em Rusciano a force of comedic nature". Herald Sun. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "2DayFM hosts Rove McManus and Sam Frost dumped from breakfast radio". News.com.au. News Limited. 6 January 2017. Retrieved 6 January 2017.
- Carmody, Broede; Cooper, Nathanael (3 September 2018). "Em Rusciano to depart 2DayFM breakfast". The Sydney Morning Herald. Sydney. Retrieved 5 September 2018.