KDOT map of Ellis County (legend)
|state of Kansas|
|Elevation||2,005 ft (611 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||484724 |
In 1899, Catholic parishioners from nearby Herzog established a new parish six miles to the north and began construction of Sacred Heart Church, which they completed in 1901. Originally named Norddorf, the community was renamed Emmeram after Emmeram Kausler, the church pastor. The community grew to include two schools, and a town plot was filed in 1902, but the town was never built. A post office operated in Emmeram from 1903 to 1904.
Emmeram is located at  It lies approximately one-half mile northeast of Walker Creek, part of the Smoky Hill River watershed, in the Smoky Hills region of the Great Plains. Emmeram is roughly 5.5 miles (9 km) north of Interstate 70 and 11 miles (18 km) northeast of Hays, the county seat.(38.9586225, -99.1323179) at an elevation of 2,005 feet (611 m).
Emmeram lies at the intersection of two unpaved county roads, Emmeram Road, which runs east-west, and 350th Avenue, which runs north-south.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "General Highway Map - Ellis County, Kansas" (PDF). Kansas Department of Transportation. 1978. Retrieved 2010-12-18.
- Dreiling, B. M. (1999) , Golden Jubilee of German-Russian Settlements - Emmeram, The KSGenWeb Project, archived from the original on 2011-05-14, retrieved 2010-08-29
- "Ellis County, Kansas - City of Emmeram". The KSGenWeb Project. Archived from the original on 2012-10-14. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
- "Homesteading in Ellis County - Emmeram". Kansas Heritage Project. Fort Hays State University. Archived from the original on 2010-11-14. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
- "Kansas Post Offices, 1828-1961 (archived)". Kansas Historical Society. Archived from the original on October 9, 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "2003-2004 Official Transportation Map" (PDF). Kansas Department of Transportation. 2003. Retrieved 2010-12-18.
- "General Highway Map - Ellis County, Kansas" (PDF). Kansas Department of Transportation. 2010-06-01. Retrieved 2010-12-18.
|This article about a location in Ellis County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|